Anybody fish Dutch this w.end?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Jun 22, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Just wondering if anyone fished the DG area this weekend. I have been concentrating on bass and croaker fishing the last few weeks. I have not seen much in the way of reports.....just wondering.

PS. I took my 6 yr old on the lake today, he put 20 crappie in the boat, a small cat, a nice bass, ring perch and he landing a five lb 25inch pickerel, he landed it like a champ, makes dad proud.:smile2: see photo

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad to see you got on em.:big_smile:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Spent better than 10 hours on the river there last nite. The blues are there they just pretty much got lock jaw.

4. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    I was out saturday it was alot of traffic ...including bass tourny out of osborne.Bait was real easy threw cast net twice and got enough for boat and everyone on pier:smile2:,,...caught a few dinks....thunderstorm ran me off:angry:

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Took the day off and went out to the old power plant. I've only been there twice maybe 3 times but have been warned that the drop off catches the line real bad reeling in. I stayed 15 minutes and left, I also tried the old cat bobber and that just ran into the bank seconds after casting. Drove down to Wilcox Wharf then back home. Not giving up on Dutch Gap, I just need to work it smarter.
    good luck.....

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Tell you 6 year old way to go. A high five to him. No better thing than to see your young son or daughter get into fishing like that. Memorys will last a life time. Thanks for sharing.

Tom