Anybody fish cold weather like this?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by JakeW, Oct 12, 2006.

1. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    Us Nebraskans were set for our first freeze this week, which sucks. But I wanted to know if anybody thought it would even be worth the time and effort to pick out a some what warm night and head out and try my luck? I cant imagine that the fish are done biting yet. They got to eat until it gets a little colder I would think! Let me know. Thanks ya'll.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Jake, now is a great time for catfishing. Our temps in upstate New York have been in the low 40s and high 30s at night. The catfish are starting to feed heavy on live and cut bait. We use mostly herring, and suckers this time of year. My son caught his pb channel two wks. ago 15lbs. If it stops raining we will be going out tonight. Good luck on the water brother, dress warm.

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Channels and Blues will bite all winter ,put on your long johns and hit it .

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jake, I Probably fish some of the same water as You do and OCTOBER, well Its some of the Best time of of the year.I Drift fish alot and I have been tearing the Channel Catfish Up On Bluegill heads and filets, and the Big Flatheads are loading up in the Missouri river for winter. Don't let this time of year scare You Off OK. Your Friend across the river in Iowa. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    A guy I met on the internet who only lives about 30 miles from me has been hitting the White River and knocking the socks off the fish. Even during this past full moon he was bringing em in. We plan on hitting it next week. Hopefully we'll bring some good eaters home.

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i was thinking the same thing i guess im going to have to go out sunday and catch me some cats.

7. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    personally I like this time of year because the fish are fattening up and the action is non-stop. also i get the river all to myself most of the time.