Anybody fish at High Rock Lake?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cattledogz, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    We started fishing High Rock and really enjoy the lake. Just wondered if anyone else ever fishes it regularly.

2. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Never fished but I wanna try sometime.
    What about Tuckertown? Ever tried it?

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Haven't tried Tuckertown yet. Used to fish Badin quite a bit then was away from fishing for awhile due to physical problems.
    Now I can fish again and checked out High Rock and really like it so been fishing it the past year.

Everytime we have gone to check out Tucker Town there were so many there that couldn't even find a place to park a boat trailer....

4. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    I fish there as much as possible. Mostly catch channels up the lake from Jan-April.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i havent fished high rock but im going to this summer. there is some nice flatheads in the lake. and a few blues that not many people know about.

6. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i fish the yadkin river chain just about everyday esp highrock.

7. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    Tuckertown isn't what it used to be it has been fished hard for the big flats. high rock is doing good with the channels and whites right now and some flats are being pulled out the upper section of highrock and the upper river section.

8. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    is there any good places to fish from shore. i tried the boat launch off of rte 8 and got nothing. is there any other places that have decent bank access.

9. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ok,friends now were talking,:) I live on high rock & were im at is prim catfish territory. im maybe 5 miles from buck steam plant by water. which up that way i here the flatties are enormous. Im down in the wildlife preservation,tradeing ford area. we have islands across from us 3 total and 1 on up. the channel runs right though here and i usually have good luck with the cats here.flats,channels, & blues. the last time i ran my trot line i pulled off 15lb blue,7lb channel,3&4 lb channel,9lb flathead,41/2lb flathead and a couple eaten size channels.its rare i come up empty handed,but it happens. weve had this place here since 85.Id have to say tucker town has seen better days, use to fish it yrs ago but its for sure not what it use to be, not for the cats no way. i dont fish nowhere but here now. lot of sand bars around especially on the points of the islands.but if you know the flow of the channel and the water way through here then no worry.some people down this way call this the back waters of high rock because of the shallow spots around the islands.this is the place for me:) :) :)

10. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    I've been fishing the Rock for the past year or so for catfish. Good place for 3-6 pound channels. Seems like the days are hit and miss. I either catch 10 or 1. I guess the channels must move around, any advice on their patterns at the rock...... ????