Anybody finding any worms

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by catmando2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Have been digging around in the leaf piles to see if any worms have come to the surface, but have not found any. Still having cold nights here in south Arkansas and since it is the first of march, I was wondering if anybody might know when to start finding worms as I hate to pay the bait stores for something I can do myself. I thought by now they should be showing up

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Talked to my uncle today. He's right on the state line of Ark/Mo. Says if it gets into the 60's like they are forecasting next week, they should be able to find the night crawlers after all of this rain we've had provided the night temps don't drop to quick.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have found few Night crawlers around the leaves here in the past, but I have not found any in a while.

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Usually I can find them around here by the end of March and early April. But, they won't be of good size till about the Middle to the end of April!

5. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Worms up here gotta crawl through a foot of snow to see daylight.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    its way to early for nite crawlers but earth worms are plentiful.get out the spadefork and elbo grease go to work.if you are lazy go to where you know there are worms crank up your chain saw set it on the ground and wait.the worms will crawl out and you just pick them up.johnnie

7. xjames

xjames New Member

State:
    arkansas
    You know what poisonpits you are the second person I have seen or heard of using a chainsaw to get worms. When I read your post I remembered my grandfather taking his saw out to the garden and starting it up and sitting down in lawnchair and just pickin up a load of worms. Thanks for joggin that out of my cloudy childhood memory.

8. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

walmart always has worms:cool2:

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    wallmart worms wont catch fish like native earth worms.johnnie

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member