anybody feelin the bite?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by mactheaxe, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    just wonderin if any fellow crappie fishermen out there seein any action yet. im goin today to stock up on jigs and such.

2. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    In PA at the Octoraro lake people are starting to see them but let the water temp drop 5 more degrees and im gonna try my hand at them

3. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i did a little scoutin lately. so far ive caught three in the last 10 accumulated hours fishing. two were young, and the third was a 9 incher. startin to see some bites. fished a 39 acre lake all day today, not nothin yet. ill try when the water cools a bit more.

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All through August I was getting into some Crappie up my way. Salt Fork Lake in Ohio. Water temps were ranging from 80-86 degrees. I wasn't getting a lot of numbers or a lot of size. Most fish were 6-9 inches, but I got at least 10 over 10 within 4 trips to the lake. I was spending anywhere from 2-3 hours fishing each trip. Naturally it took me most of that time finding the fish. Using road runner jigs tipped with minnow and sometimes with just a 2 inch grub.

I'm pretty new to crappie fishing, so I was excited to get some summer crappie. I'm used to only getting them in the spring :smile2:

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Went saturday, first time actually targeting crappie. Used mepps and beetle spins. Between me and dad probably caught 3 dozen crappie, 6-10 inches. Lost a lot of them at the boat, including a few nice ones (very frustrating). I only keep them 8" or larger, but still managed to get over a dozen in the cooler. I did notice that the bite was best when you would crank the lure just fast enough to spin the blade. I'm not sure if this was due to the lure running deeper, or they just liked the slower presentation.

6. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    haven't been to the lake recently but a friend reported the water temp was 78 - 80 so is getting better. They hit a good school of Sand Bass (White Bass) but no crappie yet. Might give a couple locations a try this Sunday.

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Havnt been crappie fishing for awhile but I'm gettin ready to start back.:wink: