Anybody ever try Sufix Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Gunner-Fisherman, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sufix line? I was a Stren man for years the all through the 90's Trilene was my pick until two years ago, Sufix has just blown me away with power, line lay, and the brute force it has...

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I started using it last year. So far hasn't let me down...W

3. Gunner-Fisherman

State:
    Ohio
    I love it... You wait and see how it goes the longer you use it... I am very please with it...

4. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    I've been a berkely man for more than a decade. I started experimenting with suffix (red label) about a year ago and totally love it. No complaints what so ever. Matter of fact, I just bought a 3000 yard bulk spool. Quality line for sure.

5. Gunner-Fisherman

State:
    Ohio
    I used Sufix for year then I was picked to be on their Pro Staff, I did not want to say anything in the first post about that.. I wanted to see who all liked it, as it really is a great line.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nope I have never try it, but I hear its good stuff.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Griz will probably check in soon, he seems to love the stuff. I really like that orange Suffix Seige, but haven't been willing to plunk down the money until Ir un out of my Big Game.

8. Gunner-Fisherman

State:
    Ohio
    With the Neon Tang color and the Hi-Vis yellow, shine a blue light on them and they look like they are glowing... Great for night time fishing, you can watch the line very easy.

9. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    it used but now i use berkley big game as far..

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I have found sufix line to be an excellent product. The line has excellent abrasion resistance and casts very well, also seems to have great uv resistance. I spooled one of my reels with sufix siege(30lb test) early last spring. This outfit has stayed in my jeep, when not in use, the entire time so it gets hot, it gets cold and it gets alot of sunlight through the windows. The line still casts well and I still have to wrap it around a stick or the reel when hung up to break it. I have caught several flatheads in the 40-50lb range with this rig and I'm confident that the line will still handle big fish even now.

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I like the Sufix Tritanium Plus, and been using it for about 4 years now. Have no complaints

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used Berkley Big Game for years with no problems. I have used the Suffix in the bright Tang. color. The color does not seem to affect the fish and the line seemed to do an excellent job. Suffix needs to support the BOC and have a field test (written Feedback) from the members. :big_smile:

13. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use sufix line. When I first started fishing by my self two years ago. I had alot of experiance on catfish from my dad and uncles. I fish the wateree, cangaree and santee rivers and also lake marion, moultrie. First I used berkly big game. I lost several nice cats so I changed to stren high impact 40lb hi vis green and it did not hold up either. Changed to sufix supreme I havent lost a fish yet. I have caught several cats in the fourtys. I have hung up and pulled a twenty and fifteen pound anchor and the boat. Havent tried no braid line yet but have thought about it. sufix is plenty tuff for me. It takes tuff line to pull the big blues out of the stumps and cypress trees in santee. :0a22:

14. musky76

musky76 New Member

State:
    il
    I USE POWER PRO ACTUALLY AND LOVE IT.IVE HAD IT ON FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND USE IT FR MUSKY FISHING AS WELL.