Anybody ever tried these hooks?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by jlingle, Jun 2, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Theyr'e in the fishing section at our local Wal Mart. They just say "catfish 4/0 on the package. They're a kahle style hook, but the shank is offset a little bit. They're silver in color and very heavy duty hooks. They come in a package of 8 hooks for 67 cents.

I've been using them for the past few weeks, and I really like them. Darn cheap as well. I landed a 20lb. bluecat on one of these hooks Monday night.

Anybody else ever tried them?

Jerrod

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    8 for 67 cents only means that ya are gettin what ya pay for. LOL! Make sure they are sharp before usein em.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    They're not Tru Turn Hooks. Tru Turns come in a neat little plastic box. This ain't them.

Jerrod

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I know what hooks you're talking about and they are verry good looking hooks. verry heavy gauge wire and sharp. I bought about 10 packs of them. the resemble a kahle but the sweeping part of the shank is shorter and twisted around 10*. Id immagine they would definitally hold up to a bruiser and for the price you can loose them to a few snags. Ill try to post a pic. later

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    their should be a pic of it next to a 4/0 e.c. kahale. wally world also had some cat hooks that looked like a worm hook that will work good for those big swiming frogs they have:wink:

Attached Files:

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Exactly!!!! Thanks Brandon for the pic. I've been using those hooks and I like them a lot. Especially for the price. I've been using them iwth shad gizzards and live goldfish.

Jerrod