Anybody ever fished the Little Maumelle River?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by jde512, Jun 4, 2008.

1. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've been itching to get on the river (Arkansas) ever since I bought my boat, but with the water level as high as its been this spring, I've put it off. I was wondering if anyone had any experience on the Little Maumelle? Surely there are some eater-sized cats in there and the currents should be much easier to deal with.

Anything you could tell me about that little river would be greatly appreciated.

2. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    its a nice lil spto to fish,the in banks towards hwy 10 are plentyful for some nice lil channels,most bass are caught here with some crappie, and bream plentiful.as far as big flatheads i havent heard personally on anything to make you a pb. so with that maybe you will get more feed back than what i can give ya, i dont fish there anymore after finding that the water caters high mercury,any ways its a nice lil spot if you dont want to travel on the arkAANSAS RIVER SIDES,if you loooking for a nice blue and channels area i would strongly put your boat in at the burns park area, i have done pretty good around the run offs of the river...

3. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I HAVE FISHED THERE A FEW TIMES A COIUPLE YEARS AGO AND GOT A FEW ON DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF BAIT. HAVE NOT BEEN THERE IN SOME TIME( 3 YRS+). CAUGHT A COUPLE CATS, LG MOUTH BASS, A FEW BREAM. I WENT THERE CUZ I WAS JUST LEARNING ABOUT THE AREA. NOW I KNOW, IF YOU JUST WANT TO FISH IN GENERAL, THEN LITTLE AKANSAS RIVER WOULD BE OK. AT LEAST IT IS CALMER WATER FOR THE TIME BEEN.

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    that body of water you cross on I-40 between conway and burns park looks like a good place to fish.when going to littlerock to visit my kids , i`ve allways wished i had time to stop in there and give it a try, it sure looks good!

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Another possibility would be the Big Maumelle River. If you launch at Maumelle Park. I can't say firsthand, but I've been told that in the spring, the flatheads are way up where the cypress trees grow; blues are further downstream. I tried it once just a mile or so upstream and didn't have much luck.