anybody else like ebay?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Brett Connery, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Got sum 10/0 4x mustad j hooks 100 of them for 10 dollars +shipping. :wink::smile2:

2. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    next yr flatheads goan be in trouble.

3. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    lol Good deal. I been buying and selling on e-bay for 4 years now, mostly selling brownsr1973 screenname on e-bay :wink:

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yeah, I get a lot of stuff from ebay. Hooks for sure come from ebay. If you want to see a smoking good hook, search for Owner 10/0 SSW hooks with cutting point. They are the sharpest out of the box period. 17 hooks is about 20 bucks. I also use Gama's 10/0 big river hooks. I recently got away from Mustad stainless hooks, but sounds like you got a good deal! So congrats.
    Just becareful, many beginners use hooks that are too small. You basically can not use a hook to big. You want Lots of point protruding from the fish, so if he spits you, it will stick him. A huge hook is the Big River hook from Gama, and a five pound Flathead will swallow it no problem. You got to remember a five pound flathead, you can dang near stick a baseball in his mouth.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Why not this year?

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    love ebay, get alot of my stuff there

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The thing about ebay is you have to shop smart. Some of those sellers only want $4.00 for a box of hooks, but 15.75 for postage and handling. My rule of thumb is if I can get it for substantially less than I can get it local, I purchase. If the shipping charges bring it up close to what I can buy the item for locally, I simply shake my head and say sorry buddy. I guess they think that of the million of customers on ebay, there has got to be enough stupid ones that they can put the shipping charges up that high and have them take advantage of it. What does the post office charge, something like 9.75 for what you can get into a standard size box... I shipped 15 pounds of sinkers for that 9 dollars and change and some of those sellers are wanting that for an item that can be shipped with a 42 cent postage stamp. Buyer beware.

8. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
  9. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy::crazy::crazy: DUDE:crazy::crazy::crazy:

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I hate ebay...:smile2: Spend way too much money there...

Have bought some things fairly right, some not so right.. but, mostly have gotten good deals on reels.. a few knives I collect..

Ok, gotta go, need to check my watchlist...:big_smile:

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    love ebay do a lot of shopping on there in the winter