anybody else here from washington

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by spokey9, Dec 31, 2007.

1. spokey9

spokey9 New Member

State:
    washington
    trying to find others from the state that actually target catfish during the summer

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Chuck, welcome to the BOC. I used to live in Washington, back in the late 1970's. We used to fish in a lake we found on the way up to Raineer one time. I believe it's called Silver Lake. We caught lot's of good sized Channel cats there. Thanks for joining our online fishing community. You're gonna love it here.

3. coldfoot

coldfoot New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hi, I fish the Snake down by Lyon's Ferry and Potholes. Would like to compare notes as I am a fairly recent addition to Washington State. Lived in Alaska and caught halibut and salmon. Back to my Kansas roots fishing for cats in Washington. Welcome. Coldfoot:smile2:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Chucky, CHUCKY:eek:oooh: J/K. Welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:. Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

5. Webfoot

Webfoot New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Chucky, I used to live out your way and have fished both on the east side (snake river) and the west side (columbia river) mostly for s[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']turgeon but have caught a few cats in both areas. What part of the state are you in?? Just look around in the BOC and you will find a vast amount of knowledge that will help. :wink:[/FONT]

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Welcome to the BOC Chucky. I too used to live in Washington. The little time I spent targeting catfish when I lived there only resulted in bullheads. My understanding is that Eastern Washington is where the channels are. I would definately be looking at the Columbia, Potholes, and the Snake. I have no advice to offer on the west side unless you're after bullheads :wink:

7. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    HEY CHUCK I'M FROM WASHINGTON AND TARGET CHANNEL CATS ON THE COLUMBIA IN THE SUMMER. FISH ALOT AROUND THE WALLA WALLA RIVER TOO! I'M FROM SUNNYSIDE, WA. WHERE YOU SROM SPOKANE?

8. kdawgg222

kdawgg222 New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hi Chuck..My name is Kristen and I live in Wa. Almost every year I dedicate 1 week fishing on the Snake river for cats. Will be going there this year in Sept. We bring in tons of channels and the occasional blue. Haven't done much fishing on the Columbia-been to good on the Snake. Hope this helps...

9. DaveHufford

DaveHufford New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm out of Walla Walla, Washington and do enjoy fishing for catfish. The Walla Walla River, Snake and Columbia Rivers, and the Yakima River all produce fish. As the food fish are restored from the hatcheries, the salmon and steelhead smolts should really increase the size of the cats. DH

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun New Member

State:
    Washington
    I am from the West side, live in Auburn. Hoping to get into the Catfishin later this Summer after I return from Wichita. Hope to maybe meet a few of the Eastside Catfishers and learn how to do it.

11. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Hey, I am from Kentucky and I was wanting to know when you all start fishing for catfish?

12. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    hey i start fishing here about the end of april for channel cats. i use grasshoppers and moman crickets for bait so as soon as i see them is when i start! when do you start fishing over there?

13. reelguy

reelguy New Member

State:
    caliif
    Some 30 years ago when I was a kid and lived in Washincton there was very good cat fishing in Lake Washington the best spot was Juanita Bay and were the Sammamish slough enters Lake Washington. Good fishing

14. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    I used to live in Long Beach WA. Can't say I ever caught a catfish that close to the coast. All I caught in the Columbia was sturgeon and salmon. Guess I'm not a big help! Good luck finding those kitties.
    Linz:wink:

15. jeffery_1965

jeffery_1965 New Member

State:
    Washington, Vancouver
    New member from Vancouver Washington. Seems like there are a couple of good spots around here, Felida Moorage and Lacamas Lake.

Take care,

Jeff

16. GregRobinson

GregRobinson New Member

State:
    Walla Walla Washington
    I'm out of Walla Walla as well. I've been mostly hitting different spots on the Walla Walla river near the mouth. Caught a 14lb channel last week, have only caught a few smallmouth bass, some squawfish and a carp since then. Everyone I've seen on the river says they're having about the same luck I'm having. Really slow, with the occasional good sized fish. Anyone else around having any luck? I've been wanting to get out to Ayers Junction, Central Ferry or Texas Rapids but they're all a bit of a far stretch just to see if anything's biting or not with the gas prices being how they are.

17. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I've got kinfolk up in the Shelton area. We fly in every year and a half or two years to visit them. I'd like to go back there soon but with the airline industry being what it is I don't know when that will be. Anyway, my cousin would love to go catfishing. If he ever gets to come down here we plan on taking him, but if he doesn't, are there any suggestions?

18. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    are we talking bout washington missouri or washington state?

19. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I'm not sure how Washington, Missouri got caught up in all this BUT check the subcategories...this is "Catfishing Information by State." Therefore we are talking about WASHINGTON STATE.

20. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    yeah i realized that after i had already submitted the post,but no reason to be a smart a$$