Anybody Else Going Cabin Crazy?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I work 4 on 4 off swingshift at a cold roll steel plant. So I'm home 4 days or 4 nights in a row. Just happens its days this week. The wifes at work, the kids are in school, I ain't seen a coyote in days, turkey season is around the corner callin my name, too cold here in Indiana to fish this week, ice too thin to ice fish, too cold to tinker in the garage, too many reruns on t.v., too much time on my hands ! Thank God for the B.O.C. ! Whats everyone else doing ?

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Getting the boat and equipment ready for spring!

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I too am goin crazy! lol there is no ice to speak of here to fish over and it's bone chillin' cold here in the valley so I havn't been out fishing in a little while. I might, however, try it later today though. Good luck partner!
    :crazy:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    About all I do is visit on the BOC (good Thing to do),check my reels over clean them up ,restring whats needs to be strung,pace the floor and dream about getting out on the river banks again.Hurry up Spring.Oh yeah and watch the good ol TV.Need to clean out my tackle box but better wait till better half isn't home to do that little chore:roll_eyes: ,what with the lovely oders in it and all.Too cold to do it outdoors.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Got all my equip. ready two or three times and spen my time here on the good old BOC. Just saw the news the groundhogs did not see their shadow and that spring is just around the corner. So I guess this means that Cabin Fever is on its way out.:go: :go: :feel_good:

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    sittin on my but gettin fat

7. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Spend alot time looking at my gear, still frozen in the Ohio tundra.

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Went to the lake fishing last night. Filled the ice chest with 1-3 lbers and kept them because we were out of fish in the freezer. Temp was 45 degrees but the water temp at the lake was 63.3. The moon was full and it was nice night fishing. The groundhog told me it was springtime in South Texas. Bout dang time.

9. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I took a pill back in late Dec. that put me in hybernation, spellin??, for about 6 weeks, plan on takin another one that will get me to mid March. Then I'll wake up 30lbs lighter and ready to go. Okay maybe not, just been tying crappie jigs, getting my icefishing gear ready because we will have ice by Saturday. I have a question for you guys, how do you put that little saying at the end of your post.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Darn it Savage you don't have to rub it in.:roll_eyes: 45degrees outside and here I sit in 17 degree weather.:eek:oooh: But your right the ol groundhog says it's gonna be an early Spring.:smile2: We'll see.

11. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    You bet I am jonesing big time. I have tried to tie myself over by fishing for some stocked trout in a local pond but nothing beats the expectation of the next tight line from any manner of catfish. It has been since October 30 since I have nailed a cat. Good luck to all experiencing the DTs this time o' year.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have been laid up since the first of Nov talk about cabin fever

13. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I read a thread earlier about a product to wash the smell of shad off
    your hands. I wished they smelled like shad now but the don't. When that happens again would you share the name of the hand cleaner.

14. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Going to boat show tomorrow, getting shad tomorrow afternoon, been on the lake at daylight Sunday, temp will be mid to high 50's with a 5 to 10 mph southern wind (and it snowed last night). nanny-nanny-boo-boo :tounge_out:
    :big_smile_2: :canny:

15. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You have no idea....spring couldnt be getting here any slower than it already is for me

16. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Stuck inside painting the living room:sad2:

17. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Reespooling reels here and cant wait to get on the water.Might be awhile its 15 degrees here kind of chilly lol..hope everyone has some fun in the sun.:cool2:

18. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Carpet1's brother in law died a few weeks ago. He sold jigs, lures, plastics, etc under the Dr Hook logo, so his wife is selling lots of stuff CHEAP. So I went over and spent a few bucks. Bought some several boxes of new line, jigs, hooks, crappie stuff and plastics. Loaded up a plastic bag and never spent over 20 bucks. So I'm in the process of restocking the tackle box. You can pm carpet1 if'n you need some stuff.

19. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds real nice Savage, thanks for rubbin it in:big_smile:, Maybe we'll get a break up here in Indiana soon. Happy Fishin!

20. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thats it! I'm not talkin to anyone from Texas anymore:big_smile:. You guys are spoiled. LOL. Good luck & happy fishin.