Anybody drive a Saturn Ion?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Oct 31, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We just traded our piece of garbage 2001 Hyundai Elantra day before yesterday for a 2005 Saturn Ion. We like it pretty well. It has low mileage and is loaded with features. It came factory equipped with XM radio and traction control which is pretty cool. Just wondering if anybody has one and if they like it? :big_smile:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I thought Hundais were good cars. My nephew bought one new about 4 years ago, its easily has got over 100,000 miles on it, and it has killed three deer. lol lol It's killed more deer than some shotguns I own. LOL LOL

It got it's first one in southern OH, I was riding in it, man that hood was taller than the roof. We thought for sure they would total it, it only had 8-9 thousand miles on it. But Allstate towed it up here and fixed it. lol You could not tell, it even was in a wreck. Good little car.

I don't know much about those Saterns except they use a lot of plastic body panels, they look like steel, but they are plastic. LOL It amazes me that the color matches, because those plastic panels are the same color as the painted steel parts, except they are that color, all the way threw.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Most Hyundais are good cars. 2001 was the worst year for the Elantra according to Consumer Reports. We had problems with it from day one.
    The Saturn does have the plastic(dent resistant panels) but thats ok with me. They have pretty good reviews on consumer reports.
    Thanks for the comment!:big_smile:

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ive got a good friend that drives one but he just got it the other day!:wink::smile2:

5. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John, I bought a 2004 ION wrecked and fixed it my son drove it about 3 months and love it. For a 4banger it had plenty of power and handled well untill he totaled it.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My wife and I swear by Consumer Reports. We have a 2002 Ford F-150, 2006 Honda CRV, and a 1999 Ford Taurus. We are not loyal to brand, we are just interested in quality.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My cousin had a Saturn and loved it. I've heard good things about the Ion.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Forgot about this thread...As of yesterday weve had it back to the dealership 4 or 5 times. Right after we got it the car was making a clunking/thump noise in the front end. First time they replaced upper control arm bushings...Still noise. Then they replaced rack and pinion and tie rod ends...Still a noise...Today they ordered sway arm bushings to hopefully fix the noise. We'll find out tomorrow if that takes care of it. The good thing is we have pretty much a new front end(suspension) and it hasn't cost us a penny.:smile2: Its aggravating but at least they are taking good care of us. :wink::smile2:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    John, i am not a saturn fan. all my dealings with them have been bad. i will not work on them anymore. you fix one thing, and 2 others break:crazy:

sorry about the hyundai, but i fear you traded down. good luck, buddy!

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hope not...:sad2:
    The Hyundai was a true piece of garbage. Our Saturn does have that one problem but everything else seems good. The dealership assured us they would fix it no matter what it is. I just hope this isn't the first of many problems...If it'll hang on for a year or so we'll probably trade it off.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    John, find out what the lemon law is for your state they couldve just sold you one (hopefully not). Otherwise get a real car like a mini-van:smile2:. Wait a minute thats what I drive :sad2::tounge_out::eek:oooh:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Rather have a mini van than this POS!!!!! Its doing ok but we could have done better. Oh well,live and learn. Thats the way things go for me,,,nothing right!
    BTW,I liked your van. It'd be great to take fishing/camping. Wanna trade???:wink:

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well considering that everytime something gets fixed on the van something else needs fixed LOL. I need to change the thermostat, which I know for you guys that are mechanicly inclined you can do that within 5 min but for me it will take hours. I need to change the radiator fluid also or at least freshen it up a little. That van has been thru some rough stuff but she runs fairly well and gets me to work and fishing LOL.

John the only time I wished that I had a P/U or something like that was when I was fishing this spot that one of the fellows showed me here in central Oh. and a band of racoons came to steal all of the bait I had. Me not wanting rabies or anything like that gave it too them LOL.

14. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Now Gary the coons around here are real friendly. If ya got enough shad ya can get them close enough to hand feed them. Yep I get bored at times. :smile2:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY