Anybody down for some fishing at Santa Anna River Lakes this weekend??

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by drews0311, Jun 19, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    loanguy and i are thinking about going to SARL this weekend for some cats, i think Jaime is coming as well. does any body else want to meet up with us this weekend? just thinking this would be a good way to get to meet some more brothers fromt the boc.

also has anyone fished there this season yet? do you have an knowlege that we can take with us?

thanks
    joe

2. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Joe, at what time do plan on arriving at SARLS?
    Looking foward to meeting loanguy.

Jaime

3. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    What session do you want to go to? The night one might be best from 1700- 2300 hrs. I would suggest the bubble hole area with the shrimp, mealworm and marshmellow combo and a little juice.

I may be able to pry myself from the city to fish for kitties...:cool2:
    Corey

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Big Taz, Plumbertom1 and I went there for an al nighter back in jan... we missed on hitting the right spot.... kind of on an edge.... they were catching fish to the left of us and to the right of us.... mostly trout, and some folks traveled around all night, and ended up next to us at the "bubble hole"..... I'd say try the "little point" to the right of the bubble hole....

bayrunner ray

5. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanks for all your tips and advice. i geuss loanguy and my self are meeting there at 6am on saturday. big taz might show up and possibly jaime. should be a blast

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Joe, will be their around 5:00am. I been wanting to try Dannykings puch bait. I also have some Bowkers stinkbait. Its going to be a hot one! Bring plenty of water.

Jaime

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Jaime, Danny Kings should be good bait. What scent? I prefer tger regular. That Bowkers is good stuff. Centralcalcat (Brian) turned me on to it. It is thin though. May need to thicken it up or put in ice chest if hot out.. Wish I lived closer. :sad2: You guys have a good one.

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Robb, do you dip your cut bait into it? I am going to a tackle shop called Savon tackle during my lunch break. I am looking for some tube worms to or sponge hooks. I have the original DK. I tried it twice with no luck. I heard it works best in warm weather.

Jaime

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, Robb just sticks his fingers into the DK's and rolls it into a ball to wrap around his trebel hooks. You have to keep an eye on him when your fishing with him cause he tries to flavor every thing with DK's. :lol:
    I think he's a little over the top with it when he doesn't think he needs to wash his hands before eating after handling that stuff.:crazy:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    :cool2:Thats the way to do it brother Tom:wink: It taste great on R:big_smile:itz

11. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    jaime

i will meet you there at 5am but i will have to borrow some of your tackle until brian gets there if thats ok. i got a few poles but he has the rest of my stuff. and for the water thing, i will bring plenty of beer that should keep me good and hydrated

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    The beers will help..... the problem is that the portable "heads" get really hot when the temps are up...... I wonder If you can dip stuff in them for catfish bait???? You guys "keep cool" and catch some to tell us about em....

bayrunner ray

13. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    So, what happened? Did that porta-potty dip do any good? I've heard the hot bait right now is fresh shrimp. Show us the pics.

14. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    tom

we never made it out there this weekend. i tried to get a hold of the guys on friday night and couldnt. Jaime finaly called me back at around 11pm but by that time we were pretty drunk. i am kinda bumbed because i was really looking forward to going.

joey

15. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I would have offered to join up with you except I have a project going on at home that instead of being a one day job as it was originally planned it's turned into three weekends in a row for the guys that are doing the work.
    I have to be on hand to run into town to the Depot or Lowes for what ever they may need and to answer questions concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do to our house because my daughter and son in law have no Idea about construction. Now if it was during the week it would be an entirely different mater.

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Joe, I did not wake up until 1pm saturday afternoon. Sorry for letting you down. It took me until the next day to recover. I normaly will prefer to fish than party but we had a going away party for a co-worker.

Jaime

17. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    lol

thats ok bro, when you called i was at the bar as well. me and my girl just ended up getting pretty drunk. we have all summer to go fishing no big deal

joe

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Right on Joe. I bought a package of Berkly catfish power bait, Catmando mackeral bait, and a bottle of Pro Cure garlic oil.

Jaime