Anybody dove hunt?

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by countrycat15, Nov 24, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    any body dove hunt?my dad loves it and im relly wanting to go but just cant find any land to hunt on anymore:crazy: ....so how many dove hunters here?

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I go when I can, only able to go once this year due to working. I have access to farmland to hunt on, but is very restricted.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Tried it once but them rascals fly to fast for this old man, must of shot up 2 boxes of shells and the only thing I killed was 2 fifths and a hunting dog. LOL. J.D.
    :oops:

4. Switchback XT

Switchback XT New Member

State:
    MS
    Just about everybody dove hunts. It's not real hard to find a place to go, you just have to know the right people.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dove hunt every year except for this year i was just too busy with my job to get out during the sept season but we also have a dec. season and i will def. try for them while out quail hunting as for places to hunt just start knocking on doors at worst most landowners will say no but if you are nice and respectfull you can find a few that will let you hunt and if you treat thier land right they'll probably continue to let you hunt

6. Bryan Roseberry

Bryan Roseberry New Member

Since the more hunters the better to keep the birds moving, what is wrong with a WMA.

7. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    :big_smile_2:women want me doves fear me :big_smile_2:

8. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    I'll be out on the Colorado near Blythe this next month on Sept. 1 for a weekend of dove hunting and catfishing!

Can't wait, only a month to go!

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I can't get enough. I shoot 200 rounds every day for 3 months each year since 2000

Attached Files:

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    two more pictures

Attached Files:

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i love dove hunting. out here you can bag out in 30 minutes if you are a decent shot. they fly so thick and heavy that it almost seems unreal. and its not one and 2 bird at a time, its 20 and 30. i am going to miss this place when i get relocated, but thats the marine corps for you.

12. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It seems the past few years that right before opening day a rain storm comes through and runs the doves somewhere else.

My daughter and I did get the limit one morning last year. Had my dog with me and we didn't loose a single bird in the bushes. That is always good. Maybe we will have good weather and a bunch of birds this season.

drd

13. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i go out and waste shells (dove hunt) every now and again. if i want to bag limit though i just sit on my front porch with the pellet rifle.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm counting down the days Sept. first is just around the corner,cant wait to have some more bbq dove.mmmm

15. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    My boss just got back from a trip to Argentina. A 4 man party killed 4400 birds...seems they're sort of a pest down there. That's a lot of shooting.

16. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Brings back the memories me and youngest son use to shoot em. We hunted the mary jo wanta patches. You could set each in a patch about 1/4 mile apart and chase them back and forth all day. Only trouble the lab thought them little things was to eat not retrieve took quite some talking with the two legged guy mostly winning. Not too much too them just the breast. Luck

17. Catfishing=Fun

Catfishing=Fun New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dove hunting is really fun. they are good eating and their fun to shoot. i shot 50 dove alone last year

18. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well thanks to our democrat governor and a bunch of nuts from california who put mega bucks in his campaign fund he once again vetoed our dove hunting bill. So guess will have to travel to Nebraska to shoot at the little jets!! :angry:

19. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I like dove hunting. Sit on your butt in the shade, drink a few beers & kill stuff. What more could you ask for? I've got some pretty decent places to go, but the dove kinda move around on us.... some years the hunting is fantastic in one spot & horrible in the next. The next year, it may be just the exact opposite. I've got a buddy who's a real serious dove hunter, he goes & scouts out the good spots and everything. Whatever. I just go to sit down in the shade and burn some shells.

20. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    man, season is only 2 weeks away! our season is about 60 days long, and we shoot collared doves all year long. you can't beat a slice of dove in half a jalapeno with some cream cheese, wrapped in bacon! last year none of my doves made it to the freezer, they were all grilled right after getting home. this year we might take the grill with us!