anybody do any good last weekend

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by noodlin Will, Feb 26, 2008.

1. noodlin Will

noodlin Will New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    well I tried my luck at lake Texoma this last Friday night (2-22-08) bank fishing with frozen shad and I caught exactly squat. Were the fish just turned off or was I doing something wrong?

2. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Personally, I've never done any good with frozen shad. But there are a lot of fellas on here that say vacuum sealing/freezing shad works pretty good and they do catch fish with em. I've been thinking about trying it.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was on Texoma all weekend in a boat and managed 1 Blue Cat using fresh shad and frozen skipjack after close to a total of 17 hours fishing!:sad2:

4. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    I fished thr MS river all weekend and caught about the same as Darryl.

5. noodlin Will

noodlin Will New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well that settles it last weekend was just bad fishing but as always I would rather be fishing freezing and catching nothing than setting at home wishing I was fishing.

6. noodlin Will

noodlin Will New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I did try to catch some fresh shad but they were as elusive as the cats

7. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    polebenders tournament was also kind of slow from what we hear, 80 something pounds for five fish won the tournament by a single fisherman. the big fish award was a 40 something pounder. it was kind of windy on kerr and from what they are forecasting windy this sat. also