Anybody Catching Skipjack at Wilson or Wheeler

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by rwilley3, Apr 26, 2007.

1. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I am getting in need of some bait and wondered if any skippies had shown up at Wilson or Wheeler and if so what size are they. They seem kind of spotty thus far at Pickwick(like last year) and thought I might come on down to AL and try to get some if they were there. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Caught several nice size skip jack two weeks ago below Wilson.Didn't catch many but good size.I am going up again tommorrow,so I hope they are running.I'll let you know what I come up with when I get back home Sunday. I have always done better on skips below Wilson rather than Wheeler.

3. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I caught plenty of them below Guntersville dam a couple weeks ago. You could easily catch a cooler full if you wanted to. I have no idea about Wheeler or Wilson. Hope this helps.

4. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Same here, I caught about 60 good size skips last weekend down at Guntersville Dam.

5. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Still all good size below Wilson,but still not the 5 minute bait trip like last year.If they are running that good at Guntersville,that's where I would go for a bait run.