Anybody catching Flathead catfish on a regular basis yet?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by BullDaddy, Feb 18, 2006.

1. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Is anyone catching Flats on a regular basis yet? I haven't had a chance to chase them yet due to work schedule. When I do go, I catch a few Blues so I am not complaining, but I do like them Flats.:p

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in Ohio, and the waters are much to cold up here for any flathead action

3. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent started yet this year and my days off from the office are Sat and Sun. I guess with the snow and cold weather we are getting in Kentucky, those flats are heating up yet. I will be ready for them because I missed the feeling of hooking into a good flathead!

4. torment_hack

torment_hack New Member

State:
    california
    Over here in So Cal its been in the hi 70 to 80 range and the bite has been slow but i get a few everytime. my biggest this year is around 15lbs...but im still searching for the big one's...

5. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    When I was in Louisiana they were catching 'em while we were duck hunting. Ouchita River. Deep river bends on the insides. This was in January. God bless.

6. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I could go on and on about how I am not even trying cuz' its so cold but, I will sum it up in one word. No.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm from Ohio also and it's just to cold for them.

8. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    With the mild winters we have in Louisiana, I forget about the brothers from other states getting snowed in.:) I was on the Red River Sunday and a local news crew stopped and interviewed me at the launch. They were talking to people who were doing outdoors activities when it was going to be below freezing all day. I think it was their way of saying that I was a ding-dong while still being polite. Anyway, I have been catching them here and there, but nothing like it will be this Spring.

9. eaglesfan00000

eaglesfan00000 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It too cold in Virginia for me as well. But i'm hopeing
    to be catching at least some channels next month. Flatheads I think april.

10. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    When its not 20 or 30 degrees I try the river and some deep strip pits and spring fed ponds. In the last month I have not caught anything. In strip pits and ponds I have only caught around 20 cats in the last 2 months. We have had a pretty mild winter here in SE Kansas.

11. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    i live in kansas so, most of the fish here right now are dormant except for crappie, and there bairley bighting. so no luck here yet. alos right now alot of resevoirs are iced up. even the kansas river froze up the other day because its so low. good luck
    :0a18:

12. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't went out for flatties yet, but I wore the channels out yeasterday.