Anybody catching any?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigkane, Jul 17, 2009.

1. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Just wondering if anyone is catching any numbers yet? I've been to the Ohio River and Greenbo within the past week(I'm a bank fisher). Caught 1 small 2-3lb channel at Greenbo and got skunked at the river. I'm thinking of going to Yatesville Lake tomorrow night after work and see what happens there. Anyone know if there's any flats in Yatesville? I know that Greenbo stocks channels but I'm not sure what Yatesville stocks. I've heard there's not any Flatheads in Greenbo but I spoke with a man this past Sunday night who says his dad caught a 33lb flathead from Greenbo and that he'd caught a 15lb channel. Could be blowin smoke, who knows.

2. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    today i heard a guy say he got a 56lb.3oz channel cat and took it ot the missouri dept of conservation and said he was 6oz short for the record ... i just laughed and kept walkin...:eek:oooh: the record is 34lbs here in missouri.

people kill me some times :confused2:

3. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yeah I think the record here in Kentucky is 32lbs for a channel, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking a 15 channel was pretty darn big for Greenbo Lake, but stranger things have happened.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Me and Mankind caught 10 Flatties, 1 blue & 1 channel Tuesday night on the Ohio. Biggest was the Blue, 8lbs.

There are Flatties in Yatesville, never caught any but their in there. Mainly Channels but there are some Flatties.

The 33lb Flat from Greenbo....:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2::smile2: I highly doubt it. There have been a few illegally stocked in there but thats it and they may not be there now. The 15lb channel is possible, Mankind has caught some nice ones out of there years ago. Biggest I've pulled out was 6lbs.
    I like Greenbo, nice place to fish and If I ever decide to keep any to eat they'll be from there.:cool2:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, 32lbs is the record here. I know where he caught it, fished close to there many times.
    The 15lb Channel out of Greenbo is definitely possible, not too likely now but possible.

6. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey kane where are you located in ky?

7. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Hey mankind I'm in Ashland on Division Street.

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    your so close to me i could piss on your street on a clear day:smile2: we have to get together and do some cattin

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You're not too far from a few of us. Good to have another member thats in this area here.

10. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yeah I'd love to go catfishin' sometime, give me a holler.

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Oh yeah! there is some big channels swimming in Ky. My biggest channel was 19 3/4lb , caught in a small lake on a farm in Lagrange Ky, on a small bluegill head in 9' water ..Pic of him in my photos somewhere.:wink:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Yatesville has flatties in it for sure, a few years ago there was a 37#er caught down there. There are some good cats in Yatesville.

13. Richiferd

Richiferd New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Hi, New to the board/site, and figured id chime in for a sec.

Went to shanty this past sunday 7/19 from round 5am till noon and caught about 15 6-17 inch cats. Kept 2 and let the rest go. had a blast for a few hours, my buddy that went w/ me got skunked (fishing for bass).

Rich

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    10 blues ,1 channel and some white's Fri night @ Barkley dam .My wife and I fished a little creek last night that dumps into the ky . We each caught a few small bass up to 10 in. some gills and I caught about an 8 in. STRIPER guess it may have been an accidental from when they stocked the KY with whites a couple yrs ago .Post some pics later