anybody camp in a teepee ? tipi?

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by roadkill636, Feb 16, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Its allways the same ol sight when you pull into a campground
    Lil kids rid'n arround on their bikes the smell of something REALLY good
    blowing into the window, and the various campers all set up . some regular ol run of the mill campers and then there are thoes that you say" Wow how much do ya think THAT one cost". and of corse all the tents ,they are all diffrent collors and shapes but nothing to think twice about,,dodgeing the kids on bikes, moms fetching water and the world famous 4 women line walk' you know the 4 women that all go to the bathroom together and walk down the road side by side and not giving a care to let a vehicle by. Once you'v rounded the corner something Pops out that catches everyones eye amist all the tents there stands a great big TEEPEE. "WOW look at that" everyone shouts" its a teepee" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was made by the same co that made all of the teepees used in the movie DANCES WITH WOLVES it is 22' across the bottom amd 19 1/2' tall.
    I like to be a little diffrent in everything I do
    DO any of you have a teepee?
    please post some pics and tell us a lil about your experiences with it..

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Alright now, that is simply bitchin!

How long does it take to set up, and how many helpers does it take?

Are you a real Indian? Meaning, do you let the womenfolk put up the lodge, while you drink beer?:smile2:

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    It takes me about 1 1/2 hour to put it up with my lil girls & myself, about 1 hour with some help.. NO my wife dont help she dont like it much, she much prefers the 24' camper we have...
    But the thing is that every time we go camping anywhere its either bring the camper or the boat,
    so we always bring the boat and just put the 25' teepee poles into the 24' boat,,,works good
    Its really neat look'n when its a cool rainy early morning and smoke is coming from the smoke flaps

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'd like to see that!

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thats a nice one for sure. I have been in them and the thing that impressed me most was how much room there was in them. Congrats on a cool and unique camp.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Jeremy, reps to ya brother. That teepee is way cool:wink:

7. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Here are a few more pics the way it looks now after I painted the night sky and stars fading to blue and lightning, this is at Mark Twain lake in north eastern missouri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Tros

Tros New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love 'em. I don't have one, but I love 'em!!! Many people are surprised with just how well they can keep people comfortable in various situations. I like yours roadkill; very nice!

9. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    A friend of mine made one with some big straight tree limbs,tarp and rope.Its a little smaller than that i'd say about 13 ffeet wide.He's had it up for two years.He has a little keg cut in half long ways for the fire,smoke go's straight up,works real well.I'll take some pics when i get a chance and post them up.Its nowhere near as nice as yours but it works.