Anybody been to Pleasant lately?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by willisjj, Oct 5, 2005.

1. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I guess we are going to Pleasant this weekend for a day or two (Sun & Monday). Wondering if any of yall have been there lately and where the fish are biting. I don't have a boat which cuts down on my options. The last couple of times we have been there, we ain't been able to catch nothing but fingerling channels. We have tried all over the place on the north side up there. Any tips or advice for me? I had more luck with the bass up there and expect to on this trip too. Give me a chance to break in my new fly rod also. I am dangerous with that thing but if I can just get my line out there i may catch something, lol.

2. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Try right next to the 10 lane boat ramp, or just north of it on the second sand bar, or rock bar rather. I've had some luck around there, but the bite is slow. Caught a few in the 2-5 pound range, the biggest was caught just to the right of the ramp and you can pull off into the gravel down there and fish right next to the car. Good luck. They were biting on night crawlers, shrimp and chicken livers.

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks Sean. I haven't tried those spots yet.

4. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    No problem, I'm working those nights or I'd come out and show ya a couple spots I've had some luck in. Post the results when you get back, I'm putting in a ton of overtime this week and next week, enough to spend about 700 bucks on a boat I think. My shore fishing days are numbered!

5. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Glad to hear you are getting a boat. This is probably my last fishing trip here as it looks like I will be moving back to Oklahoma probably the first week of November unless I hear different. I will let you know how I did when I get back.

6. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    Will, i have had good luck at pleasant lately. go check out my thread in the Lake/ Reservoirs section, Pleasant Lake Flatties. i just recently caught 3 fish there, a 15, a 7, and an 8, plus a couple channels. Pleasant right know is very very low, i think it is like 60 percent full. we were fishing way back in a cove up in the arm. and we caught them all on strip bait. couldn't catch any live bait. i don't know why we caught so much fish. pleasant isn't known to have flatheads.

7. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks man, I will check out that thread.

8. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    How was the trip Willis, did you make it out? :cool:

9. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Yep, made it back yesterday. My wife caught a 10 lb. flathead and a channel about the same size. I caught nothing but the bait (with my flyrod), and one bass minnow in the castnet, lol. Nothing else, not one catfish! Oh well, my wife was due a nice fish and she was elated to put it lightly. We were fishing on the north side of the lake in that little cove to the right, before you get to the restroom/boat ramp area. Great weather! Oh yeah, she caught both of those fish about 11 o-clock on a live bluegill under a bobber.

10. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll have to give that spot a try. I've fished just north of that ramp and only caught little bitty channels. Thanks for the update.