Anybody been to Cannon Creek?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by moruffrydn, Dec 4, 2009.

1. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm headed out to Cannon Creek on Sunday. I'm not sure but I think it feeds into Monticello. Anybody fished down that way? I wanted to hit Murray but my partner is intent on catching crappie.

2. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    "I got kicked out of rehab because supposedly fishing is not an "approved" addiction... I WISH THEY WOULD EXPLAIN THAT TO MY WIFE!"

After they explain it to your wife, they can explain it to my wife. She thinks that going fishing once or twice a week means I'm ADDICTED. Go figure.

3. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    Man I feel ya. I always tell her the fish aren't going to just catch themselves. Somebody has to do it. I think I may have misspelled it. It's Cannons creek. Met a few guys on the bridge last week with a couple of nice slabs. That got my fishin partner all fired up on crappie. They taste good but they are so teeny. You have to catch about 10 of em for dinner. 2 decent cats can do the same. I guess I'll downsize my rigs and get some minners and curly tail jigs.

4. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Never been there for crappie. Watch out for snags between the landing and the main river channel. For catfish I'd rather go to Monticello.

Cannon's creek is on Parr Reservoir. Parr is where they pump the water back and forth from Monticello. I'm not sure how often they change, but I think they pump one way for about 12 hours then switch. It's almost like fishing in the intercoastal because it's almost like tides. I think the water level can fluctuate something like 6 or 8 feet from the pumping.

5. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    Thank's, with that info I have some ammo to talk my partner out of goin. Sometimes you just can't convince folks when they swear they found a new "secret" fishin spot. I always think if no one is there it's probably for a reason.

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I like to fish 3 to 5 days a week!!!!!! My wife says I'm no addict, I'm a "SLIME JUNKY"!

7. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    You know you're addicted when all your free time is spent snelling hooks and pre-rigging carolina rigs for the inevitable break offs.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Cannons creek is flooded (about 8 foot high or so) and looks like a yoo-hoo truck crashed in it.I wouldnt reccomend it this weekend.

9. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Cannons creek a new one on me. Wish I could help. Good luck just the same. Let us know how ya done.

10. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    It's not lookin too good for crappie fishin in yoo-hoo bein that Crappies are mostly sight-biters. How would that muddy water affect the cats though? I may just head out to Monti since I been pullin mid-size blues out of there on a regular.

11. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I've never been to Parr for cats when it's muddy, because if it's muddy I'm going to be on the river below Parr down around Harbison Forest to I-20. We actually prefer it to be muddy down there. Only private access though unless you use a kayak or canoe at the forest or down there below I-20 The only reason we would fish at Parr was when the the river was too low to get where we want to fish in the summer. Since we've gotten the bigger boat now, if it's not ideal conditions to fish the river we'll just go to the lake.

12. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    whoops double posted

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  13. moruffrydn

moruffrydn New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey Tom, I did a little recon with the satellite imaging and I see what ur talkin bout with those snags. It looks downright dangerous to navigate that with my boat. That main river is the Broad right? I've been real curious about what's swimmin around in there. Definitely will need some type of self propelled conveyance. Guess I'll save that trip for another day. Good lookout with that water clarity report Chris.