Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know but has anybody been fishing out at Osage State fishing lake? If so, have you guys caught anything big? Haven't been out there much cause of all the rain lately.... I'm sure the water level is still pretty up there I'd imagine... plus really muddy. :smile1:

· Registered
716 Posts
I have not been down there to fish, but have driven by. That "its been raining" is not a reason not to go. When water is flowing into the lake, its the best time to be down there, fish where its coming in. Might just have to use one pole and hang on to it! I would use worms for eaters, and gills for big fish, but either way, rain is a good thing.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i dont like fishing in that mud crap lol i like sitting out on the jedi on clear dry nights during the summer with a with a swisher in my mouth holding the pole, and listening to 94.5 on my little weather radio!!!

lol oh and thanks! yeah i love that signature! awesome quote huh?

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Dan and Eric, I want you to know that you are both awful, deceitful people! You know
how fishing usually is at Osage and the details of the channel cat population at that
lake. Why you would send some poor unsuspecting tenderfoot to fish in a fishless
mudhole and snicker at him behind his back! Shame on you!

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went out there today and every single person and their brother were there. worst experience i've ever encountered there. every spot was taken. ESPECIALLY the jedi that I fish at. I was so angry. I had to go clear to the other side of the lake where I'm not familiar with and it sucked. my car could barely get through the mud, I only got a few nibbles from some bluegill cause I was trying to catch some for bait but I couldn't hook em.... so I gave up... I may go back out in a bit and fish with some liver. If I can find a spot. but that place is too populated... nonsense.

· Registered
124 Posts
Ditto Chris...That lake gets full quick...It really T's me off when there's people camping on the peirs and not even fishing..I usually fish the peirs in the early months of the year than pull the boat out from now until a few weeks after labor day than it tends to slows down.(like most lakes) Big fish in there keep trying. Liver,dip bait,cut shad,worms,or any other bait will all catch you some fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.