Anybody been out recently?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by photocat, Feb 10, 2006.

1. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Im planning on heading down to the potomac and fishing from shore tommorrow. Anybody else been out fishing recently? any success?

Hope i have some tomorrow. I'll post when i get back about how well i did...

2. Manolo56

Manolo56 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We had a January thaw here on the central plains and actually got to fish my pond last week. Tried some dip bait to see if the channels I planted two years ago had gotten fat yet. Fished an hour with nary a nibble. Pond froze again the next night.:sad:

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I've been out three times so far this year but nothing has bitten. It was just nice being out, and got to try my new reel out, Abu 6500c4, really a nice reel.

4. ears

ears New Member

State:
    *Required*
    I was on the potomac yesterday, got a 22 and a couple little ones. I was downriver and the wind was killing me. Going again today as soon as my buddy gets back with my truck, probably upriver by the airport to hide from the wind.

If you ever want to get out on a boat let me know I am out most every weekend usually alone this time of year. Ill send you a pm with my number.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    not a thing... only bait i had was some frozen chubs which fell apart almost every time i cast them :-( i'll be out there again sometime soon though

6. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    went out on Saturday before the snow hit...got a 10 and a few between 9 and 8 with a ton of smaller ones (2-4lbs). been practicing for the 4 March tournament for a while just working the kinks out of the boat and my hard head.:confused:

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Keep trying Marty 17 days and we will start the tournament trail. Looking forward to seeing alot of people and some very nice blues. You guys still have time to get signed up for this tournament Pm me for more info.

8. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    Tim...I PM'd you a question about the entry form.