Anybody been fishin'?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Anybody catching anything?

2. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I wish I could say I've been fishing Paul.

The water level in all the rivers around here is so low that it's not worth trying to even launch the boat.

I may have to head up to your area soon...:roll_eyes:

How's the fishing up your way?

- Marty -

3. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I went last night for a couple hours and got two runs on bream but did'nt hook em. Lots of boat traffic. The cold front slowed them down but I think its picking back up.

4. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well, unless we get some rain here soon, the idea of heading up your way is sounding better...

- Marty -

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Fishing Tue. from dawn to dusk with fivebraids on oconee.....hopefully we will report back with some good fish, there's a front coming through with some storms it looks like the very next day. Lookin good

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Cathooker and I are catching a lot of blues in the TN river. Nothing big but lots in the 7 to 10 pound range.

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Nothing like pre frontal conditions BassMassey. Good luck to ya'll. :cross:

8. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I think bumper said he was up in TN right now fishing the big river.....wonder how he's doing........seems like he always has a couple hawgs to report when he gets back.

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm back :big_smile:. Went to TN River yesterday and fished all night 'till this morning. I started not to go because my Dad and Brother both bailed on me, but I made the solo trip and really enjoyed it. Fished for 14 hours and caught 16 fish, biggest was a 27 lb. blue. I'm gonna post some pics and a report in the member fishing reports section.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I was out saturday with a buddy from work and his 300 horse power super bass boat:eek:oooh: I will say this much doing 35mph across the lake and doing 88mph is a huge difference I was on edge everytime we fired up and made a run:crazy: But as for the fishing we were pretty much all artificial for bass. The morning started out OK as we were getting tons of blow ups but they were coming up short on our topwater plugs but my buddy did land a nice spotted bass in the 4lb range. Then after the sun got a little high the fishing just shut down period. Lots of surface action from stripers but they would come up a hundred yards from the boat and stay there just long enough for us to pull the trolling motor up and then disapear from the area completely couldnt even find them on the electronics after they disapeared. for the next 6 hours all I seen was a couple follows from smaller stripers. Then we headed back into Bald ridge on lake lanier and found what I believe to be the hottest topwater bite Ive had in a long time. Found some standing timber and went through it with a chug bug worked aggresively and it was a bite on every cast and sometimes 3 and 4 bites on one cast till we hooked up or the fish would pull off. For 2 hours it was amazing I boated around a dozen and missed probably 25 or better blowups and my buddy did just about the same. It certainly made all the sweating and sunburn worth it for that 2 hours of heaven from 4:30 to 6:30:big_smile:

11. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Yeah, I like driving them but not being a passenger. :embarassed:

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    You didn't have to go solo.:big_smile:

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I were up on the TN River from Sat. morning until late last night. We caught several Blues, our big three fish were 25, 23, 19. My wife caught all three!! We also started catching some Flatheads on live bream. I tied into a NICE fish yesterday evening that pulled drag for a good while and must have wrapped something sharp. Line broke and was severely worn when I inspected it. Stayed out a couple more hours and caught a few more small Flats (5-10#).

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Nice ones! So, I heard "fall small cats" are doing pretty good. :big_smile:

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    What ya' catchin' BassMassey?

16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA

Yeah right, in their dreams :wink:

17. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee

18. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Who's the "fall small cats"?....isn't that you're team Marc? :wink::smile2:, but you're doin' better than team "No fish in the fall Paul" :wink::smile2:

19. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Just got off the river. Caught two small flats, 5# and 10# and had two good ones come off. Had 7 runs in 3 hours. Missed 3. Wind picked up and they quit biting. I see ya'll have been talking. :smile2:

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    GO FALL SMALL CATS!!! :wink: