Anybody been dove hunting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's a good year for doves been out twice and limited out both times. I went out yesterday in Hutto and used a mojo dove for the first time. It was awesome. Lots of doves would fly by but I didn't see them. They would circle back right to the decoy.
    After I killed my limit of doves. The land owner sent me to a wheat stubble field with the decoy. I set it up and laid down in the middle of the field. As the land owner drove off he spooked a huge flock of pigeons up. They came right to my mojo. I took one shot in a flock of 30 or so and 3 fell. I'm hooked!!!

2. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I went out a couple times in thorndale, not really any luck! They just did'nt seem to be flying. I think I'm done though,wanting some rain so I can do some fishing on the river, cross our finger for this weekend.

3. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I went to Brownwood this past weekend and the birds werent flying good at all. My Dad was down there on the 1st and 2nd and they couldnt keep their guns loaded. May give it 1 more try after I get my boat done, then if the birds arent flying I can go to the lake and fish.