anybody been doing any good around jefferson city area.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by riverlover, May 13, 2008.

1. riverlover

riverlover New Member

State:
    Missouri
    been out several times this year. and yet nothing big just pond stockers and stergion. about two weeks ago i did catch a 10#er on hotdog but it's been a bad start for me any advice. been useing shad,hotdogs and, worms. been fishing in deepholes and mouths of smaller rivers. in a couple of weeks i'm going to start targeting flathead.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah leave the hot dogs and worms at home. There's just something about using nice fresh cut bait and big fish.

3. riverlover

riverlover New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i use cut shad but nothing. i don't knoow if the flooding and the long drawn out crappy weather have something to do with anything. i use the hotdog and worm so i don't go hungry:eek:oooh:

4. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    I ALSO AGREE WITH JOSH THROW AWAY THEM DOGS AND WORMS AND USE SHAD IF YOU FISH WITH SHAD ENOUGH YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE. LOL:wink:

5. riverlover

riverlover New Member

State:
    Missouri
    you would say that chris but i'm telling you that guy caught that 73#er on a hotdog. trust me hotdog has never been my bait of choice. worms and shad are. hotdog are cheap. :smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Besides you can always go home and eat the hotdogs if you don't catch any fish. :smile2: