Anybody been croaker fishing?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Aug 20, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Was hoping to maybe get in one more trip down to Croaker landing (york rvr.) I was wondering if they have moved out or if there are any fish (keepers) still in the river.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Can't speak for croakers but there are plenty of Spot in the Rap from Waterview down to the route three bridge at whitestone. All you want. I have been venturing out into the Bay on pretty one foot sea days and catching limits of Spanish Mackeral just south of the mouth of the Rap leaving from Gwynn's Island.

3. Oddagus

Oddagus New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went down to the York river about 6 weeks ago. Lot's of fish but they were small. Fished out in the Bay and back to the Navy pier, same story. The game warden checked us and said that there have been very few large fish this year in the York I went to Maryland 3 weeks ago and fished the Potomac on the Point Lookout side . My wife and myself caught a lot of nice size Croaker and even caught keeper Flounder.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Kelly! Thanks for the great information that you have shared.
    :0a25:

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I didn't notice that you were new to the board. I bet you will like it here. Lots of good folks helping others be better fishermen. Thanks for your report and keep em coming. Welcome!!

6. Oddagus

Oddagus New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the welcome. I fish a lot so maybe I can be some help sometimes.

7. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for the report Kelly and welcome, thanks to all for the info!:big_smile: