Anybody Been Catchin'?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    The "Anybody Been Fishin" thread is getting too long, so I thought I'd start a new one. Feel free to post whatever you've been catchin' on this one. :cool2:

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Let's say I make an attmept to go fishing and I dont land a fish. can I still post on this thread about my venture?

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    After 11 months and 750+ posts, I guess it's time for a new one. One of my fav. threads here. Hopefully I'll have a post about some catchin' monday :big_smile:.

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    as far as i am concerned hell ya ya can thats what it is all about. theres more to catchn a fish than just sittn the hook. theres gettn to the water and what happened along the way.

5. kingkat82

kingkat82 New Member

State:
    Central KS
    Wanted to hit the river on Weds. Had the worst luck ever catching bait at a local pond. Started with little live "green worms" I think they're called. We caught 2 in about 45 mins before calling it all off. I must've covered a good 20yds in both directions, my usual weeds and cover, extra extra quietly, different depths, grasshoppers, jigs. Had a friend set up in the best spot I've found for gills. Dunno what was going on. I blame it on the unusually cool weather and a fellow close by that had a very bored 6yr old doing everything you don't want done close to you while fishing IE shouting and screaming loudly, throwing rocks in the water, lol...We got there around 5:30-6.:eek:oooh:
    The guy and his boy caught 1 gill while we were there, and didn't get anything before we showed up. They were using salmon eggs I think. Didn't seem like the type of guy that wants pointers so I didn't say much. Of course the kid mellowed out after catching a fish and getting some compliments :wink: So including them, 3 fish in about 45mins out of 5 poles in the water! *shrug*

6. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Sure Bradley. We would love to here about all your fishing trips, wether you catch anything or not. :wink:

7. tthiels

tthiels New Member

State:
    TurkeyCreek,La.
    I guess it must've been this past Wednesday night, my 20 yr. old son & his fiance', using only about 1&1/2 small tubs of chicken liver we had left over in the freezer from last trip, caught 18 blues, all 5lbs or better; all within about 4 hrs. @ our local lock & dam on the Red (#2, near Poland, La.). She won't bait her hook or take her fish off, so he said since they were setting the hook soon as the bait hit the water, when she got one to the rocks, he would make her wait till he got his in so he could put them both on the stringer! I figure they must've lucked up & hit 'em on the lead edge of the small front we had coming thru at the time. I love it when they hit like that. Makes all the other times of going & catching only 4 or 5 all worth while.

8. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the club Todd. Great first post.

9. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Wer yaat oconeeaaron? :big_smile: :smile2: :eek:oooh: LM_O

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I haven't been fishin' any in the last week, and probably won't until i get down to santee next week. I don't know how I feel about this westpoint paul......we have alot of history on that other thread??

11. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Made a trip Wed to the river, We "Me and Cathooker" overflowed a cooler with eaters mostly 6-8lbs and one fish 22lbs but it was a slow day for the big ones...Was hopeing to put some numbes up for the Fish Off but Alan hooked the 22 so All I got was to land it for him:confused2:,,, Next time its my turn...:wink: Fun trip with my fishing bud...
    :big_smile:
    You guys will need to ask Alan how he CALLED the fish up...:confused2:
    Puddle

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  12. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Well we can dump this one and keep posting on the other one. What ya'll think?

13. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    took a trip to one of my usual spots on the hooch. water was up and the fish were not where i had left them. i got disgusted and came home early. :angry:

14. tthiels

tthiels New Member

State:
    TurkeyCreek,La.
    My son, my girlfriend's son & I caught 13 eaters @ our usual spot @ l&d#2 on the Red last night. The 8 I caught are shown in my newly posted avatar. Nothing to brag about, but hey, I had to put SOMETHING there.

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Nice ones Todd. Looks like some good eatin'!

Welcome to the club!

16. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    IMG_0493.JPG

didn't catch anything on that. Still trying though.

17. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Cursed iPhone. Have to upload pics later.

18. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I'm back from another TN River marathon. BradleyG and I headed to TN last night for an all-nighter, and we caught some nice cats. We caught 12 cats (all blues), and the total weight was approx. 205-210 lbs. The biggest was 29 lbs., with several more over 20 and only 1 less than 10. Water temps are starting to cool slightly, and were 79-80 degrees, and cut bream was the bait of choice. I had a great time with a BOC buddy, and I got a nice 29 lber to start the fish off. Another nice trip. I got some pics and Bradley does too, but right now it's nap time for me :big_smile:.

19. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    it was a definate adventure. got back to my house almost exactly 24hrs from when I left. We had a great average (even with one little tiny blue)on the trip and a good time as always. looking forward to the next trip up.
    I think some of our bait was broke, this whole pile didn't catch anything.

all the pics of bumpers fish are on his camera, but here's a few pics I had.

Attached Files:

20. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    welcome to the b.o.c.....todd:006: