Anybody around Farmington area in Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by katmandue, Apr 19, 2006.

1. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Hey Folks...

The family and I moved from Wichita, KS to the Farmington area beginning of the year. Don't really have a fishing buddy, as of now. I take the kids out every so often, but when I want to fish, I don't want to be babysitting. Anybody hit the rivers, ponds, & lakes in this area?

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.You'll find lots of good info here.I'm not in that area although I will be there in a couple weeks for one of my wife's family reunions.Tom or one of the others might be able to tell you where some good spots are over there.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I grew up near there, Arcadia. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but good luck finding catfish areas very close by Farmington. I gave up years ago. Yeah, I know, they can be found on the St. Francois River, Council Bluff Lake, Clearwater Lake, Wappapella Lake etc, etc. However, not with much size or consistancy. I remember hearing about a legendary fish caught one time below Clearwater. Dang thing weighed 40 lb's. Made the papers in several counties. OOOOK! Yes, a 40 aint a bad fish, but head over to Cape Garardo (sp) and fish the Mississippi for awhile. The day may come when you will catch a 40 and not even bother mentioning it on here. Even better, come on up to Herculaniem and fish with Cuz or myself. Cuz has shown us that he can get the big ones quite regularly. I assure you he has caught a few over 40 that he hasn't told us about. Of course, after his 96 lb'er, a 40 is a baby to him. LOL Or was it 94? I forget, but in reality, what's the difference? A monster no matter what.
    He's a much better catman than I am. All I can do is offer you a night on the river hearing me holler cause a baitstealing little 20 something just took my bait right out from under a real cat's mouth. :crying:
    Cuz, if your out there, I'm still on the overtime, but today was the last of a long run of weeks without a day off. Next week I gotta get the garden out, but will be available on the 1st or 2nd of May if I can get the boat tested out first. Interested?

4. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is some good fishin around Hercy my wife used to live there and I used to live in Crystal City.She has some family in Arcadia and a sister in Ironton.We will be over there at Ironton for the family reunion but I will probably slip off to Johnson Shut-ins to get away from all of them.;)

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Would love to have you in my boat Katmandue. You must first know the truth. See, Kutter came and fished with ol Cuz last summer, and proceeded to skunk me in my own boat. It tore me up so bad I sold my boat three weeks ago, and ordered a new one. See, Kutter will build up your ego, and sneak in the back door and catch all YOUR fish. Thats his Motis Operandi. Pretty sly he is. Cuz is boatless until third week of may or so. My Sea Ark Big Daddy is suppose to be ready by then. Dealer will have it for a week. Hes putting that big 225 fourstroke on there, along with my Lowrance LCX111C 10" screen with GPS, and a VHF radio, and a regular stereo so we can all enjoy the ball games. I'm sure the Blues little lips are stinging already. If they know whats best for them, they best be swimmin on up the river and out of my stretch cause I'm showing no mercy. Speaking of Mercy, sounds like I'm at Kutters mercy since I'm boatless. I'd love to join you on Kutters Katter. I'll check my sched and see if I'm off those days. Glad to here you arnt working so hard anymore. You need to take a break and wrestle some Blues. I think we missed the boat club meeting for April. We need to get you in there for May, no exceptions. They are taking members now, and I dont want you to miss out. I'm in Richmond right now, but will be home Sunday. I'll try and give you a shout. Katmandue, leave me a PM with your cell number. I'll give you a call when my boat comes in. I only live 20 minutes up 67 from you. I live right up the hill from Timber Creek Resort if you know where that is. We'll leave Kutter at home. He aint taintin my new boat. LMAO. J'Kiddin. Best of Luck 2 everyone. Be safe out there.

6. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Welcome to the land in between the tornado's. Great little( exspencive )town this Farmington is. If you have a boat you can get to the big cats on the mississippi at St. Gen. If not, you have to settle for the small 20 to 35 lbrs. at Kaskascide island area at St. Marys like I do.
    Don't under estamate the St Francis river. Last year my friend and I pulled a 35 lb flat head off a limb line in just 1and a half hrs.
    On the mississippi, just up from establishment creek in a slew area we pulled a 80 lb blue from a trout line. Would have let it go but a storm blew in and we couldn't get to the line for nearly 6hr's. It (drowned) from exhaustion by the time we got to it.
    What ya doing this weekend? My wife is out of town so I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to go fishing all day saturday and sunday. Last saturday I caught 12 white bass and 6 channel cats using minnow's in 4 hrs at the St. Francis river in greenville. Thinking about doing it again if your interested. Let me know neighbor?:big_smile:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Something told me that the infamous Wolfman would pipe in with some comment to taint my new rig. NO BANANNAS. I think I'll take it out the very first time on my own. That way, I'll stay out there until theres a fish in the boat and its not skunked first time out. This is very important. LOL. I cant wait to get it. I'm goin into convulsions here. I never realized how much I appreciated goin to the river 2-3 days a week until the day came where I couldnt go. Only 3-4 more weeks. Wolfman, we'd love to have you join us if you can get the time. I know you are pretty busy an all. I'll let everyone know when it gets here. Maybe we can get a few folks together for an outing early June or something. It would be a hoot. More later.

8. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Sorry, Cuz, I can't relate to suddenly not having a boat to take out on the water, but only because I've never owned a boat. Come close a few times, but you know how things are. As soon as you are almost saved up for it, BOOM something happens to drain your funds. I suppose I could have picked one up around tax season, but I spent all my fun money on new guns. Perhaps next year. In any case, though, you let me know when your boat is in and I'll gladly bless it with my presence...:cool: To be honest, the biggest cat I ever had on my line pushed 25#, but that was 12 years ago. Biggest one since was probably 5#. Not a whole lot of big fish in the mighty Arkansas River back in Kansas.

Tom, I'm busy with kids through Saturday morning, as the wife is going camping with her cousin and mom. Then, Saturday afternoon I have a party at work, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to take the night off... And then Sunday is church, followed by either a round of skeet/trap or a few hours at the rifle range making mist out of cheap soda. Saturday night is perfect for me, if you're interested. I'm actually in Bonne Terre, though I work in Farmington.

Gotta be honest, though. My rig is minimal right now. I forgot most of my gear back in KS in storage, so all I have right now is a single rod, some hooks, bobbers, weights, swivels. Oh... and I've got my seign net and minnow trap. Couldn't bear to leave those in storage.;)

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Cuz, I hope the boat club meeting is early in May. I will be heading to Washington DC on the 16th, the White House on the 19th, and heading back home around the 24th. Lots of drive time since I can't afford airfare, what with the salary they pay you. LOL

Wolfie, you are taking it quite well, better than I expected. I'm talking about somebody else picking on me instead of you. pssst, I got the perfect spot to hide bannanna's & get them aboard.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hmmmm. I see Kutter is up to no good. New Rule. Anyone who rides on Cuz's new boat is subject to a full body cavity search. (no it wont be an enjoyable one) I'll find those banannas. LOL. The meeting should be first week of May so we should be okay. I'll call the club when I get home and get the date and let you know what it is. katman, I'm boatless till third week of May. I'll look you up then. Peace..............

11. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Sorry saturday night is a no go for me, I have to work. I forgot the other supervisor has his visitation with his daughter this weekend. Could have made him work but that just ain't right to deprive him from seeing his kid. How's next weekend sound to you? I'll have off then. Maybe my friend will be able to bring his boat and we'll hit the mississippi. If he can't, we could hit the missi. or the St. Francis anywayfrom the banks.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I got news for ya, the one place I would NOT hide a bannanna, would be a place where a full body seach would find it.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Thats good to hear Kutter. Good to hear.

14. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    This Saturday turned out to be a no go for me, too. The wife has a camping trip planned and she's going come hell or high water. Next weekend should work out. I get off work @ 6pm and am home by 6:20. I can swing down that way probably around 7, but I'm not sure as to the time it takes to head that far south. I'll keep you updated on status.

Oh... and is there something I should know about these bananas???:confused: I may have to ask myself, "How badly do I want to go fishing with these guys?" ;) J/K

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Wolfman and Kutter are making fun of me Jacob as I'm superstitious for having banannas on the boat. Legend has it that Banannas will be bring bad luck to the vessel forever. I need all the luck I can get. LOL.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Kutter, youd look funny with a wedgie. I hadnt thought of the Fruit Of the Loom issue. So... No tighty whitey's either. Absolutely no Fruit Of The Looms. LMAO..........:0a23: :lol: :0a23: :cross:

18. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Cuz, when kutter shows up to go fishing with you, it might be a while before you get to go fishing. You'll have to search his cooler for banana pudding or banana bread or peanut butter and banana sandwiches or banana drinks. Let alone the banana on a key chain or banana shaped lures in the tackle box. Don't forget the stomach pump in case he ate some on the way.:eek: :blink: Lol. Just kidd'n, hope you do good fish'n guys. Best of luck.

Jacob, i'll get back to you about this next weekend. Turns out I don't have to work tomorrow, place is shutting down for craine repairs. We'll work it out sooner or later.

19. katmandue

katmandue New Member

State:
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Anybody up for some fishing this weekend? If I don't get out of this house I'll go stir crazy. I am so sick of nothing but runts in the MDC lakes & the Big River. I was hoping to head out Saturday evening as I have to put in a couple hours of work in the morning. :crazy:

Have truck, will drive like a bat outa hell...:roll_eyes:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Wish I could go...but, I'm in New York and have to work for the next four days. Maybe next time...:sad2: