Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was sittin here in the livin room a bit ago and my dog walked up, fell over and went into a VIOLENT siezure for bout 45 seconds, after she came too she sat there growling at me very loud for about 5 min, she has NEVER groweled before, then as soon as everything started, she was waggin her tail and wantin to be petted again, shes been twitching a bit since then, do any of you know what may cause this? were goin to the vet in the morn, just tryin to brace myself i guess

·
USCA Jailhouse Lawyer
15,071 Posts
Jeff, my hubby Bo used to have a dog that was part wolf and part collie that had seizures. I've been told that collies have a tendency toward seizures, but don't know that it's certain. He would come find one of us ( if we were home) and when it started we would just lay him down and keep him from hurting himself. When it was over, he would lay there for a few minutes and then get up and walk away. No growling, but I guess it affects different dogs different ways.

Hope you get her straightened out. Let us know.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Growling is because of confusion or pain. Maybe she thought you did it to her and she later realized u were the good guy. Who knows. Sucks though. She most likely will need medication daily for the rest of her life but if thats what it takes, thats a simple fix.

From family exp, this isnt uncommon. I doubt its gonna be her end based on your info.

Good luck! Hope she gets well!

G

·
my black lab had them off and on for 11 years since he was a baby he was like my son well in 2009 the day before x-mas he had a bad one that took him down and couldn't move i let him chill x-mas day and nothing changed .

I knew when he was going to have them cause he would come running to me as if he wanted me to hold him so i would and they would last 3-6 mins he would pee and poop all over the place while i was holding him ... the last one he had lasted 30-45 mins and all i could do was hold him while he was going nuts and think this is it. they would come and go every 5-7 months.

I couldn't stand hearing him whine in pain even when he moved his tail .I spent 700 dollars and the doctor said the best thing i can do is put him down ... we tryed pain meds and everything so i put him to sleep.

Hell i would have spent 5k to fix him.... i wouldn't have cared but the doctor said theres nothing we can do he couldn't walk or anything .

All i can say is good luck and lovem while you can .

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
i had a boxer before that had sezures, and i took mine to the vet and they prescibed him seizure med that they would give a human and it worked great,i just gave it to him once a day.so its not the end of the world that he has them although its hard to watch and see them have to go through it,but it can be treated. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts