any word on the tourney on the rock

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jun 7, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    any reports on how the tourney went. I'm sure disappointed i had to miss it. how many gateway guys went.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cuz and I almost went, but we decided to scrap the idea. Seems like here lately, when we do stuff on a whim, it turns into a big nutroll. Last reports I heard though, if you had 30 lbs, you were in the money.:crazy::eek:oooh::confused2:

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I just got home from Dixon a little bit ago. Ryan (stlcatman) and myself fished it. It was a tough bite yesterday. I had been up there since Monday pre fishing and caught one nice one and were on some fish. Ryan had a nice one hit the brush on him early yesterday which would of helped us alot. O well thats why they call it fishing and not catching!

41.5 lbs won it. O ya the guy bought his fishing poles at Wal Mart Friday night before the tournament! HAHA

Attached Files:

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sorry you missed it Russ, it was a great tournament that showed me that this sport is moving in the right direction. The amount of sponsors and product lines seem to be growing every year and this tournament had more than I had ever seen. There were 87 boats there with a real nice payout. Several sponsors were there and the quality and amount of door prizes were amazing. The weigh in had about 300 to 500 people there and it was pretty cool to see a tournament of this size. Cabelas, kodiak outdoors, the catfish academy and the town of Dixon did a great job putting this thing together. I talked to Tanner that night and he said we will be seeing more of these super tournaments next year.

The fishing was a little slow the day of the tournament but several teams still brought there 5 fish in. This one really got me excited for the Crystal City tournament.