Any weight lifters on this board

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vini, Feb 7, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I've been lifting for years now off and on, but for the last 4 years i kept at it pretty steady.

Yeah i still smoke but i figure at least i'm doing 1 or 2 things positive and healthy in my life fishing and weight lifting are those 2 things:) .

I work out at least every other day try to get there minimum of 3 days out of 7 and train for around 45 minutes to an hour.

I lift mostly moderate to heavy even at 44 i have a well over 300 pound bench press my best incline bench press was last year and that went to 365 pounds. But age is getting the best of me and i've backed way down from those numbers.

Drop a line here if this is one of you're games like to hear from others on this.

Dont ask me about nutrition i eat everything i can get my teeth around;) thats why i'm 280 pounds LOL

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Do 12 ounce curls count? If so I'm world class in the under 200lb range. ;)

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Shawn, I am with you.

My brother lifts every day for Wrestling, but not for competition. He does take some suppliments also though.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wish i could stick with it, i go through spells....as for now the heaviest thing i lift is a fork!

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    LMAO you beat me to the punch... Havent worked out seriously for several years. I need to get back to it never felt so good as when I was lifting. I would go to the gym and lift come home and run about two miles and in the summer time swim about 1/4 mile. I would do this about three times a week.

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Hey Vini,

Yup I lift my butt up off the couch then I lift my takle box and poles into the car then I drag youa dn Robb out fishing.

In seriousness though I haven't lifted since my Marine Corps days, did a lot then though.

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    YEAH i kinda figured these were the responses i'd git:conc-big:

I over did my share of 12oz curls had to give it up thats when i started working out to give me something to do on those Friday nights when i was used to lifting and curling about 2 12 packs :cool: one of the things that helped in keeping sober and on the wagon was I had to look after my health since it had degraded to the point of death, yeah i was a hard drinker!!!

I still have'nt been able to lose the fork one thing i LOVE is food food is my drug now sometime:thumbsup:

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got one of those Bowflex. Had it for about a month and I don't look anywhere near like the guys in the commercials. More like the pillsbury doughboy in a speedo...

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am holding a 7 pound catfish, what more do you want from me ? LOL

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Shawn, one of these days I'll graduate you to the over 200 750Ml curl.

11. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Heck if that qualifies then I am still working out... Although not as often as I would like.

12. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i love slammin' the weights..the last 2 weeks i went from 237 to 242.5 lbs and drop 4 % bodyfat..i would go crazy without liftin'..:thumbsup:

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My son does not lift, but he is strong as an ox...He works with me at a factory..Monday we walked into the workout room at the plant and I said lets see how much you can bench press.
    420-lbs!

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well...... I used to lift. lol. Loooong time ago. I should start back. I am getting that age that activity is a must:sad:

15. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Keep at it ol man my dad started working out at 64 and at 67 his health is twice as good as what it was when he started.

I hear you Damian i'd go nutzz without it too thats another reason, blows off steam.

DAMN flathunter that boys a natural thats some big weight. I see guys come in and throw some serious weight up for there size, theres this Hispanic kid that used to workout he was'nt but about 190 pounds and i watched him lift 900 pounds off the ground not very far but he lifted it probably some kind of world record there and we don't even know it.

7 pound cat will strain yur arm bicep better watch that fishman;)

daystar anytime man you have a free pass to come to the gym with me just getter started i'll hook you up with all kindsa supps too that make mamma go OOOOOOOOOOH YAH!!!!;)

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    No, never lifted weights but I've jogged or walked 3.5 miles almost every day for the last 31 years. ;)
    Have to exclude 6 months about 15 years ago while recuperating from valve surgery.:crying:

Ol Man,
    Stay with that Bowflex, probably take a few more months for you to look like the guys in the commercials.

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i mainly lift for definition, being a pitcher its not good to get bulky and tight. So i try to stay lose. I do pretty well in squat and curling. But the only thing im not allowed to do is Bench Press. Because i had reconstructive shoulder surgery going on 2 years ago

18. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hmmmm...

I lifted my Jeep.

I lift my wallet to buy fishing gear.

I lifted Mikey's Doritos out of his truck at the lake when he wasn't around.

The Doctor said I shouldn't lift anything heavy, so...

nevermind.

19. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    I go through moods of going to the gym, them play softball for a season, them back to the gym. I broke my wrist in a collision playing softball in 03 so it took a while to mend. I'm pretty strong for a woman. I benched 225 before the broken wrist so I am trying to see if I can get back up to that bench and surpass my PB. My problem is that I have up cigarettes 5 years ago so I'm not as lean as I used to be. Yeah, I use to workout, then go out in the evenings and drink,smoke and party and wake up at 5am and go fishing. I'm pretty strong and gain muscle fast, but I gain bodyfat fast. I have the typical powerlifter build, short at 5'5", broad shoulders and chunky.It's been a struggle because when I dieted last, I had cigarettes as a crutch and with all the partying, drinking, I was pretty lean since I was working out. Now my cigs are gone so my slow metabolism has no help. My ma juang/ephedra stash is running low until the stores start selling it again! I've been trying very hard to watch what I eat lately because I took up offroading a couple of years ago and got tired of huffing and puffing on those trails everytime we got out of the Jeeps and getting in and out of the Jeep is work. Had a lifting partner, but he moved away. Every been to a powerlifting meet, it is hysterical! I've been to a bunch of IFBB shows and some NPC shows. I go to World's Gym here in San Diego.

20. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I wondered who the !@&^$ ate my Doritos.... The culprit is now revealed