Any waterfowl hunters out there?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Nessie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With the cold weather, I (unlike Greg) decided to take a break from catfishing over the last few months and have spent all my free time in duck blinds and deer stands. I know from a previous thread that many of you are deer hunters, but how many of you guys hunt waterfowl? My season was pretty slow this year and I was wondering how the rest of you did?

2. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Thats about all I do man. After a trip to Canada and three weeks in Arkansas Im sittin at a little over 400 ducks and at 85 honkers.....If this cold weather don't give up looks like my Honker total aint gonna move much...........Ill post some pics up later.....

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I like duck hunting but where I live there are not many ducks.

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Ducks for me!! We prob had one of our better years on the river this season. It was pretty exciting to close the north zone with 4,xxx plus ducks working our spread on our last hunt for the season!!

Attached Files:

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I would be lucky to see 4 ducks in a hunt.

6. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It must be about all you do because that is quite a tally of ducks and honkers. You must not eat anything but duck and goose for months:smile2:. Do you belong to a club then or how does a person afford and find the time to make a trip to Canada and hunt in Arkansas for three weeks. Sounds amazing. I think I only shot about 25 ducks this season and no geese. It has been a tough year for me, but I did shoot my first hybrid duck that was pretty cool.

7. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Well when your in college you get some free time. As far as Canada I got to go for free cause I did some filming for some of my buddies.....I went to Arkansas over Christmas break....Ya but I graduate in May so there goes my free time....Hell the 5 cases of shells I shot cost more than the trips themselves..hahaha

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Normally, I'm a diehard bowhunter, meaning that i take it way more serious than fishing, but this year, I had to give something up and that was it. There's always next year, though. I did rifle hunt, and got an 8 point. I did some waterfowl hunting for my first time this year. Went twice with Swamp, the first trip we were after honkers, and only one flock flew in, and the closest they got was probably 75yrs. We all emptied our guns, and Swamp ended up with one. My second trip out, I got the only bird, a mallard drake. Other than that, that's all the hunting I've done, but I'm DYING to get back up north and go rabbit hunting. That is probably my most favorite thing to do. Anybody wanna go? Oh yeah, as soon as that's over, it's hunting coyotes until the water temps warm up and the fish start biting!:wink:

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have never tried waterfowl hunting. My wife thinks I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head:confused2::smile2:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    All you murderers!! Out there killing Donald and Daffy!!! Those poor innocent little critters!! :smile2::smile2:

I used to do ALOT of hunting back home in Montana, pheasant, duck, geese, grouse, deer, (white tail and muley) elk, bear, ground hogs and the yotes. I had every intention to continue hunting when I moved but soon realized that things down here are COMPLETEY different than they are up there.

Since then, I have sold all my hunting rifles and shotguns to purchase catfishing equipment and haven't looked back! I really don't miss hunting at all! All my energy and thoughts are geared to catching the new State/World record catfish! I would rather go fishing now than do anything else...I truely am an addict! :roll_eyes:

11. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
  12. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
  13. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
  14. PMAN

PMAN New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    PRETTY POOR HUNTING IN ALTON POOL THIS YEAR:(

15. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Had pretty good hunting down at georgetown,sc for divers.
    PEEDEE CAT