Any water

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Shrimp Man, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hello Tennessee Brothers,
    How is your water levels? I have family that lives in Fayetteville, I know from them there has been little to no rain all year, Dad's wells dried up and he had to sell his cows, So I figured the lakes had to be low also. I live in Charleston SC. the lakes I fish are the Santee Cooper lake system (lakes Marion and Moultrie) There is only a small number of boat ramps that have enough water to launch out of. Our rivers are also low, however launching don't seem to be a problem, Depending on the river of course.
    The fish are biting pretty good if you can get to them.

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Water?What's that?:crazy: Been dry here too. The MS is over 6 below zero on the Memphis guage which makes it tough to find a ramp. The whole TN River system has been in a drought for years and releases from dams are way below the normal and makes catfishing tough(at least the kind I know how to do). My pond is about 2/3 normal size and has been lower but we actually got a couple inces of rain about 2 weeks ago.

3. CarDealDan

CarDealDan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I normally bank fish at Lock C and the water levels look like they are atleast 6 ft below normal.

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Yeah, I think I remember you asking about Tim's earlier this year. I can't speak for Tim's, but I can tell you Normandy is over 20' down. They actually had a big thing about it on the news yesterday. Anyway, at the main ramp on Normandy, the water is about 60-80' away from the dock! It's insane. I know there's no way the lake can go dry, but I can imagine this must be taking a toll on the fish.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Watts bar is about 8 inches below summer pool today. It has been at full summer pool all summer. I think they may be pulling it to winter pool now. my son fished guntersville last week end. he said it was at full summer pool.

6. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jon, You have a good memory. I just read a report that our Santee Cooper lakes is about 1/3 dry and that DNR are giving out tickets to people caught riding ATV's on the dried lake bed.

7. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    The water levels on the main channel lakes that have barge traffic are maintained at the expense of the water levels in the tributary reservoirs. Most of the tributary lakes are 30 -70 feet low.