Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts
Discussion starter · #89 ·
Finally found what I was looking for, picked it up this morning. 1648 landau with no bench seats. Motor is a 15hp Johnson but for some reason the guy put 9.9 stickers on it (I'm assuming he didn't have a boaters license). Some monster rod holders and install my livewell and she will be ready to roll.

Automotive exterior Vehicle Plant community Boat Trailer
Vehicle Boat Speedboat Bass boat Boat trailer
Vehicle Bass boat Boat Water transportation Speedboat
Vehicle Bass boat Speedboat Boat Boat trailer

I hope somebody is catching some cats locally. I have saw a few posts from the lower James showing some nice fish and indicating the fish are feeding a little more during the day. I started a new job about a month ago and haven't had the first chance to go cat fishing since. I will have two new custom rods to break in. One of them I had built in California has been waiting patiently in the rod rack for almost a month and the other arrives from NC on Thursday. The suspense is killing me with every day being tied up by the 4 letter word (Work):unhappy:. I am about to go insane. This weekend is shot due to having to set up a FD fundraising booth at the Craig Fall Festival this Saturday. I may break out the rods and hit a local flood control dam Saturday night though. I didn't spend a small fortune on two new rods just to collect dust. If everything works out I plan to hit the lower James within the next couple weekends. With a little luck I will get one of my neighbors to pull his boat down there. A 50#+ blue will definitely help with the anxiety.:smile1: Heck at this point anything bigger than the bait will be a plus.

How did your boat search go? Any luck on any of your fishing holes?

Discussion starter · #97 ·
I hope somebody is catching some cats locally. I have saw a few posts from the lower James showing some nice fish and indicating the fish are feeding a little more during the day. I started a new job about a month ago and haven't had the first chance to go cat fishing since. I will have two new custom rods to break in. One of them I had built in California has been waiting patiently in the rod rack for almost a month and the other arrives from NC on Thursday. The suspense is killing me with every day being tied up by the 4 letter word (Work):unhappy:. I am about to go insane. This weekend is shot due to having to set up a FD fundraising booth at the Craig Fall Festival this Saturday. I may break out the rods and hit a local flood control dam Saturday night though. I didn't spend a small fortune on two new rods just to collect dust. If everything works out I plan to hit the lower James within the next couple weekends. With a little luck I will get one of my neighbors to pull his boat down there. A 50#+ blue will definitely help with the anxiety.:smile1: Heck at this point anything bigger than the bait will be a plus.

How did your boat search go? Any luck on any of your fishing holes?

I bought my 1648 landau a few weeks ago. 15hp Johnson. Been buying odds and ends to get it fishing ready.

We fished a buddy's dock on SML last week and caught two good size channels between 4am-8am.

Vehicle Bass boat Boat Water transportation Speedboat
Vehicle Boat Speedboat Bass boat Boat trailer

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Hadn't looked back through posts to see your boat. Congrats on finding a nice one. I hope to get things in order and land one soon.
Thanks. It should suit my needs fine. I'm glad I held out for a 16 over a 14.

Now that trout and bow season are in and my second child due in December my times pretty limited for cats. If you get a free Monday soon holler at me, I'd like to get the boat out on the Roanoke branch of SML and find some flatties.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.