Any updates on the canals?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudfishmusic, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've got tomorrow off and was thinking of doing a little fishing tomorrow evening and Saturday morning. I live right close to the Congaree but if the bait are stacked up in the canals I thought I might make a little road trip. Anybody got any info/suggestions?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I don't know about the diversion canal, but the fish lift hasn't been passing an awful lot of fish yet. Very low flows in the Rediversion, no thanks to Santee Cooper. I was there on Monday, but very little activity.
    Folks are catching plenty of shad in the tailrace canal at moncks corner. Two gentlemen caught their limit of 20 roes today in 53 minutes, not counting the bucks they released. Almost everyone was catching plenty. The shad and herring will pass through the lock gates into the lake when the lock is cycled, and move on upstream through the diversion canal.
    Best I can do...:roll_eyes:

3. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Maybe that will happen in a couple of weeks when I'm down.:wink:

4. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina

Many thanks!!! Great info. This is exactly the what I was looking for. We'll have to catch up sometime on the water. I'll bring the boat and gear, you bring the know how and maybe we'll both catch something:wink:. I've never actually tried to catch herring on a rod and reel but I might just give that a try. A little fast action is always a lot of fun. I know people eat the roe and it's supposed to be supurb but I haven't had the opportunity. I'll have to give it a shot.

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Lawrence, I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to head towards Hill's landing. You can't catch fish sitting on the couch wishing you would have went...........................................I'll be in a 21ft (all white) Starcraft v-hull Cuddy cabin with CATMASTER on the side. Will be fishing all of friday and saturday and going home on sunday. Hope to see ya there.:cool2:

6. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've been called out!!! :eek:oooh: What to do!?!:wink: