any tournaments??

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigfisher17, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    is theyre any tournament ever in arizona that is just strictly catfishing only i have not seen one in arizona yet but it would be nice to meet people from arizona with a passion for catfishing as I do.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    welcome aboard,
    never heard of any tournaments, but several get togethers and small gatherings. what part of az are you from? we are scattered all over the state so you have to be near someone.
    usually a fair size gathering at blyth, ca on the river every yr.
    gary

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    well i live in phoenix and go fish in bartlett and pleasant and verde mostly

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    This thread will be removed, I have tried several times to start a discussion regarding tournys but if they are not BOC sponsored tournaments or part of the tournament partners, the MODS will remove the thread..

* But, there are tournaments quite often at Bartlet and Roosevelt...
    * They are not broadcast and information about them are pretty much shared by word of mouth.

~ I have never tried one, but I was thinking about doing one next year..

* But c'mon~ Why do you need a catfish tournament??? The whole reason I like cat fishing is because it is relaxing and therapeutic.. As soon as you put money into the equation, you now have to deal with stress, cheaters, physical stress on the fish, and more cost, just to sit and stare at your poles...

* Just bring plenty of beer and remember the real reason you are there, to catch a buzz and point and laugh at all the rediculaus bass fishermen "runnin and gunnin" for stress and noise polution...

~ If you want to meet up with some real catmen and learn and share experiences.. Come out to a BOC gathering...

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona

That is what Catfishing is all about. Enough running around stressing out during the week. I just like to relax, have fun, get buzzed and catch fish. Great post dude. :cool2:

6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I believe groups just getting together discussing their evening fishing plan and regrouping in the morning to share their [fishing tales] is what it is all about. We are all crazy about catfishing and and can't get it out of our system. I laugh to myself when i meet people and they say they don't understand catfishing. Too bad for them!

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Are You guys sayin' that you can drink beer WHILE you're fishin????:tounge_out:

You can do that??? That sounds cool...:wink:

8. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thank u all who has replied 2 my message i guess we dont really need a tournament just a groups of freinds willingly wanting 2 have a gathering meet new people fish d4rink and have a good time but the only problem with that is i never hear of gatherings in any inland lakes just 1 i heard of in the arizona cali border i have a lot of az friends i have found around 20 but i think by next summer we should all think of a gathering somewhere

9. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I thought thats WHY you went fishing. Just another excuse to drink.:smile2:

10. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    you won't find beer in my boat,but check under the seat,there's a bottle in there,have enough of it you'll have jaw's on the stringer by midnite.

11. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az

i agree mike when i tell people i fish for flats they look at me like some hillbilly trash fisherman.i tell them what they call a trophy i'd use for bait

12. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So um, how do I procure a bottle of this magical elixir? Dun dun.....dun dun....