any tips on gettin shad this time of year

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by mr channel, Dec 2, 2005.

1. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    im going out to missenewa tommorroy 11/3 with my throw net because i heard they are in close anyone got any pointers??

2. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    i guess not,,,maybe no one knows

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ryan,
    I don't know anything specific about that place but if you heard they are in a certain spot about the only thing you can do is go and find out. If you are throwing from shore beware of snags as you will be pulling the net in at an angle. If from a boat and you have a graph you can look around some and try to locate them. One thing about winter is that when you do locate them there is usually a very big school of them. If there is anything on that lake that puts warm water in that would be my starting spot...W

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sorry,can't help you.Our local lake is frozen up,but I would think a starting point would be deep water and use a depth/fish finder to locate the schools.Also,check out the spillway if you have a dam nearby.
    I always try to keep some shad in my freezer when times are plentyfull.10 ziplock bags with 5 in each one to get me thru the lean times and for ice-out.

5. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    than ks forthe replies ill give it a shot good luck to ya