Any tips on Fishing a spring feed lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by run-catfish-run, Aug 15, 2009.

1. run-catfish-run

run-catfish-run New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    This lake is around 60ft deep some spots maybe a little deeper bank fishing is hard because 2 ft from bank it goes straight down was a rock quarry at one time water is very clear. The bluegill are very nice but every fish in the there is very hard to catch it seems. I wiggle my bait right in front of them from boat they hit once and thats it. Bass are the same way it seems I threw everything at em never even hit. There is catfish in there I have seen them while I was feeding the carp with my son. And most recently I was told it was restock with 500 trout 3 weeks ago that might have been the reason I seen schools of fish jumpin at the top of the water trout maybe I dunno? I almost bet 10-1 theres a record breaking bass or trout in there maybe even a catfish. But I just cant figure out why them darn things just wont bite was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips other than me renting a pump and draining that darn lake. LOL:big_smile:

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to the boc derick, I don't have any advice on the lake fishing,but have 2 ?'s.
    1 Is that claire lake your on?
    2 What's in your avatar?:confused2:

3. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Most spring fed lakes have alot of good weed lines and are really clear.I like to bobber fish the edge weeds at night letting it drift 2-6 ft,same during the day but deeper.