any tips on bull shoals lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bomberboat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    any tips on fishing bull shoals lake?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Buddy, I have not fished that lake, I do not know anything about it. By-The-Way, welcome to the B.O.C.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I had better luck putting in at Ozark Isle when I lived up that way if you have never fished Bull shoals I suggest you get a lake its a mighty big lake you can prob. find one at Harps if not you can at Ba$$ pro shop There is a couple of Boc members that live at Lakevew that might be able to help:big_smile:

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Pot Shoals is the best place for big cats that I know. Near the nets where they grow em. Water is over a hundred ft deep, but you definately will need a fish finder. Bull Shoals and Table Rock are our hometown lakes I guess you could say. Overall have had more luck at Tablerock putting in at Cricket boat ramp, on Ark soil.

5. kwink

kwink New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I agree with Smellycat potshoals is one of my favorites on bull followed by the jimmies creek branch( i used to live right on jimmies creek)

6. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Dont know jimmies creek, have tried music creek several times with limited success. Went once with ol Gene chambers one night. It sure looks like cat heaven. WE just havnt caught it right yet.

7. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC. Been duck chasing so am out of sync . Yes,Bull shoals is a wonderfull fishery. Pot shoals area is great but wind is the main concern.A good boat and good weather can really pay off. We never fished for cat till late march thru may,cause of the 70 mile drive to the pens point. Big blues roam the main channel and stay with the shad. Lower lake from pt.5 to the dam is always good . A well kept secret is the bite for the Big blues right now. The cold is causing the shad to die and the lake looks like a bowl of glitter. The blues know it too. Jugs 20' work good, but the wind is cold and fickle and I am without shad .:confused2: Winter fishing is pretty rough on the shoals for catfish but crappie and walleye are on those fluttering shad if the white bass don't nail it first. Fast deep crappie action can barely fill me up anymore. When the channel cat roll up on you at the pens you better have some bait and hot oil ready ! And call Me .:cool2: Gene from wild wolf in lakeview knows the shoals cats. Again welcome to the BOC!:wink: