Any tips for Lake Wilhelm

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dave32881, May 25, 2009.

1. dave32881

dave32881 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    A couple buddies and I fished Lake Wilhelm in Mercer Friday night, we started about 7 PM and fished until 11pm, we set up at the breast of the dam. I was using cut blue gill and night crawlers as bait. Needless to say none of us had any luck opther than a few small blue gills on the crawlers. Anyone know of any better spots on that lake? Thanks, Dave

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    When I go up I usually fish around either Lake Rd where Dugan Run comes in (opposite the closest launch to the dam) or between the 2 launches opposite the fishing pier. There are some nice little coves that hold decent numbers of fish. Ive never targeted cats at wilhelm but have caught pretty decent ones. Ive also caught nice ones in the game lands portion of the lake, but its off limits to any boats except electric motors. Carrol road runs through the game lands and hits the lake in a little bay where a creek runs in right in front of the propogation line. Im not sure what the water is like now that they drained some out to work on the dam, it might be a little low now back in that far, just not sure though.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I aint forgot about digging out my Wilhelm map and telling you where I fished there,I just haven,t got around to it yet!:big_smile:

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Thats cool Pat. I cant talk myself into justifying taking a trip up there solely to try and find flats when Ive got them 5 minutes from the house. Like I said though, we usually take a trip or two every year up there just as a little mini vacation and when we do this year, I WILL be prepared!!!:wink: