Any tips for fishin the dam in middletown

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatch1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bigcatch1

bigcatch1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey ive bein fishin the dam in middletown for a couple weeks now and havent produced any fish but have had a few runs........... is it to late in the season for shovelheads ??

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the best time for shovelheads aint even here yet, october is probably the best month..I would personally forget about that dam and find a secluded spot far away from where other people fish.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Flathunter is right, the best is yet to come! you talking about the old broken dam or the small lowhead dam? i'd forget about fishing below that spillway, there may have been a few there before and during the spawn but by now most of your flats are gonna be near deep holes. try right above it or go downstream aways and search for deeper water. now if your at the old broken dam you should do ok, it used to be a really good spot for big fish but its worse than a pay-pond now:sad2:. heres a couple pics of the old dam after it failed in '93, check out 200+ yards of woods it wiped out! sure wouldnt want to have been fishing below it that night:crazy: ! that next year the river was altered by the city to where it is now.

Attached Files:

4. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i wouldnt waste my time there, find some spots where other peopole arent and you can really tear um up!