Any tips for catching big blue catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TheIrishApprentice, Oct 31, 2006.

1. TheIrishApprentice

TheIrishApprentice New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hello, if ya'll have any knowledge on great ways to catch big blue cats then let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    thats like asking a pool for a glass of water... search more individualized threads buddy... like rigs, baits, drifting techniques, etc

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The best way to catch a big blue cat is to use the right bait, the right presentation, in the right location at the right time.

4. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    To catch big catfish, you have to use big hooks. That's what my grandpa started telling me when I started getting in to catfishin'. He's also senile, and usually drunk, so his advice seldomly applies...

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

haha, that's funny!

My best advice is to keep at it! this site is great but you can not become a great fisherman or catch big fish by reading about it on here, gotta go apply it yourself. Everybody has different techniques that works for them. Trial and Error. Good Luck!

6. kut bait

kut bait New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I think some of these suggestions are good - large hooks (single) large baits -carp shad perch mudcats herring and so on- you might clip some of the fins and tail off this takes some of the swim out of them and fish deep water or near deep water and this would depend on the time of year good luck

kut bait

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    One of the most importants tips out their is patience. Gots to have patience. And study the topography of the area you are fishing along witt he seasonal movements of the blues. Big bait goes a long ways.