Any Tingley Beach goers out there??

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by JoshFisher, Jan 29, 2008.

1. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    hey yall, so i know theres gotta be somebody else on this site that lives in New Mexico so if yall are interested.. ive got some killer baits that work at tingley beach for sure and im yet to try um out else where... caught 4 cats in about 3 hours in 40 degree water so i know the baits are killer.... just checking to see if anyone is out there??

2. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I don't live in New Mexico anymore (Family still lives in Albuquerque). When I was a kid, I fished at Tingley a lot. We go to one of the bigger lakes in the state doing the weekend and we go fishing at Tingley or Sandia Lakes during the week. Just last April, I went back to Albuquerque to visit family and friends and spent a day at Sandia Lake (I am not a big fan of pay lakes now but did not have a lot of time to fish so went to Sandia Lakes). How is the fishing at Tingley now?

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome,Josh ,and James. Really glad your both here. Josh, I thought I was the Lone Stranger in the state for a while ,glad to see a new mexico member. I live in Logan ,dont venture to the armpit of our state ,no offence:smile2:I just aint the city type ,crouds and crouded conditions dont enthuse me .

4. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    haha glad to see someone is here, as for tingley beach they redid it and made it all up and the fishing is actually really nice here... i agree about the weekday fishing here hahah i head up to navajo or bluewater as often as i can. Ya there redoing sandia as well so its closed for now but sometimes it just aint worth the money for sandia and isleta lakes....

ya i know wat u mean as far as the crowds here in abq, i get away up north (family up near farmington) as often as i can but once again im just glad to see somone else here...

anyways here the bait yall if u guys are interested...

1) 1 loaf white bread
    2) Miracle Whip
    3) Vegtable Margerine
    4) Garlic Powder or Cheese
    Spread margerine on 1 piece of bread. Then, take another piece of bread and put Miracle Whip on it and set it Miracle Whip side up on top of the piece of bread with margerine on it. Keep doing this until you have a desired amount. Next, put your slices of bread with margerine and Miracle whip on it on a plate and knead it until it is doughy. If it is sticky add more bread. If it is dry add more margerine. Finaly, take some garlic powder or cheese or whatever you want to put on it and knead it in.

*i just tried it out with 2 slices of bread and it was enough to fill up a power bait jar...*

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    welcome to the BOC J.F. & P.C.H ,

6. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Hey Josh,
    Thanks for the bait recp. I'll give it a shot some time. I've never been to Tingley, you get Channels there? I usually go up to Eagle Nest for "R"-Trout and Yellow Prech. I also like to go to Springer for Channels and Pike. Good to see another NM dude. Jim

7. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I lived in Artesia, NM for several years before retiring and moving back to OK. Every year in early May, we made an annual pilgrimage to Eagle Nest for the trout spawn. We'd catch a few on power bait to get started, then strip the eggs from the big females and spend the evening tying roe sacks. Talk about your killer baits!!! Nothing compares to roe sacks for trout in the spawn.

Sue Finley at the Mountain View cabins south of town put me onto that trick. I don't know how many of those Spawnee roe sack tyers I sold for her, but I could never convince her that I needed a commission.

8. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    hey there jim, ya they stock it with channels during the summer months... there no giants but they get upwards of 30" if your lucky, if you dont mind me asking what part of NM you live in??

Haha Ron the reason she didnt give no commision is cause she was jealous you were sellin more then her lol!:wink:

9. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Hello Josh, I live in ABQ. I retired from the Air Force out here a few years ago and stayed. I still work out at the base, but now as a civ. I'll have to try Tingly sometime. Gotta keep a line wet to catch one, plus it's close. Have a good one, Jim

10. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    ya tingley beach helps to pass the time there jim, theres no whoppers there by no means but during the summer and fall months you can catch some real good pan fryers for catfish.. also i dont know if youve ever been out to any of the reservations pay lakes like isleta or sandia? but theres some decent fishing out there... can be a bit pricy tho...