Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Angler4life, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I just got a new Ambassador 6500 reel, but I need to get a rod for it. This outfit will be used for catfishing and musky fishing. I like the St. Croix rods a lot and there are also some good Shimano rods for a little less money. I will need a medium heavy action rod that is between 7 foot and 8 foot long. Do you have any suggestions on good rods that could be used for both types of fishing?

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like ugly sticks and carrot sticks..

3. flounderman

flounderman New Member

State:
    Blaine, Washington
    Ugly Stik CAL 1101 7' MH. I have 4 of them that I have used for 10 to 15 years. Jerry

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
  5. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I think someday everyone will own an Ugly Stick! Sounds like a SLOGAN, but it's just my opinion. All my rods are Ugly Sticks. Give em a try.

6. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    The boss was just telling the insider group about some rods for sale.

There are recommended by some might skilled anglers. Neocats is the man to talk to; look him up. He hails from Ohio.

You should also be able to see the thread "old insider special" this highlights it. Generally I would say any rod tougher enough for a big cat is a mean musky machine, as well.:cool2:

7. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Drew, I fish for big cats and musky and the White Ugly Stik is the best way to go 7ft one piece medium heavy model #UCSP110170. If you have any doubts check my pictures out.This is a spinning model but works greats with the 6000 or 6500.Once you go white you wont go back. Less than 40 bucks at Wal-Mart.