Any Suggestions or home remedies.......

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have this terrible problem. It's called INSOMNIA or inability to sleep. Can't get into see a doctor till April 9TH. I'm rarely on,cause when ya don't sleep it starts adversely affecting your health. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.......besides going fishiing I haven't bought my licence yet.This is redicioulous though I can promise ya all that.................Sister Pat:confused2::crazy:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Drink enough bear to pass out. :eek:oooh:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Try again Bro, I don't drink:roll_eyes:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Ive had that problem for the past five years. I attribute it to las vegas the 24 hour town. No, I dont go clubbing and all that stuff. My job has me working at all different hours, so now I sleep about 2 to 4 hours a night on a good night. I guess I just got use to it. In the summer when its 120 degrees I sleep maybe 1-2 hours a night. I toss and turn the rest.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sorry I got on a rant, lack of sleep. You might try MELATONIN. Its a dietary supplement you can buy in the vitamin isle. Its a natural hormone that is produced by your body. Basically you take 3 mg. 30 minutes before bed. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes not.

6. Rdnckwmn1983

Rdnckwmn1983 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have had good results using melatonin. But if you are takin other meds make sure to talk to your doc first. I was on other's and this messed with them. :wink:

7. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey man I have had the same prob for many years!!! Heres what you do, Go to Walmart or GNC and get some melitonan it is a all natrual sleep aid. I whent to the Doc a few years ago and had sleep test done. They put me on Lunesta and it work wonders but my Co pay was $60 for 30 days. The Melitonan is the base of Lunesta and it work great I take four 3mg pills about an hour before I go to bed and I get a solid 8hrs sleep!!!! Good luck man I have been in your shoes!!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Natasha, thats one thing I dont do is meds, If it aint natural it aint going in this body. I aint seen a doc in 29 years except for stiches and I would have sewn myself but couldnt reach the spot. :wink:

9. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Aww man thats bad LOL:smile2: Good one for the day!!

10. Rdnckwmn1983

Rdnckwmn1983 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    LOL I dont take my meds anymore......:sad2: I hate taking pills. I cant sleep anymore either thou.......:crazy:

11. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    most sleep problems can be related to stress, mussle tention,physical or a bad matress. I have not had a full nights sleep for years, kind of use to it now, but try a simple soulution, warm milk with honey, don't laugh it works. but that is a temp soulution you need to find out what the real problem is
    and get it taken care of, i have a physical problem i stop breathing when i sleep so now i have a over the counter cure my dr wants me to try before i get a machine it is nose strips, they Have been working good. Just make sure you clean your bridge of your nose well before you use or they don't stick.

12. Rdnckwmn1983

Rdnckwmn1983 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have tried them......but it is hard to find any that fit. My nose is itty bitty.:eek:oooh:

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    a BFH works well to. (if you dont know what a BFH is then let me explain: Big Freaking Hammer). lol. no i have had problems sleeping in the past. i know what you are going through. mine was for diffrent reasons though. there are home remedies that work well though. one that worked for me was 2 aspirin and a cup of hot chocolate. i know, Mr Big Bad Marine drinking hot chocolate, but the chemicals in the chocolate actually help you relax, and the aspirin helps to relax your muscles and helps you sleep. give it a try, might be surprised.

14. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    there are all sorts of pills and over the counter meds you can take, but most of them leave you groggy or still tired the next morning..I used to have real bad sleep problems, I believe the best natural remedy is lots of EXERCISE. Just don't do it right before bedtime. Good luck!

Kyle

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the same problem, stress, snore, dream , talk in sleep, and pain. I get bout 2 hours at a time and I dont like or take drugs for it. exercise and plenty of it helps me sleep better and keeps the wore out body moving. If it hurts, I bite on a stick

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    This is what I was going to say, I agree ozz, I use the NATROL brand 3 mg actually usually 1/2 a tablet works in a purple bottle from the vitamin isle (around $4) , Pat good luck, Unfortunately I know what you are saying all to well....

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My wife has fought it for 12-14 years. She has a sleep apnea machine, and tried everything know to the world of medicine.

Just recently we discovered, in our local pharmacy a product called NutraMist. It is a natural sleep inducer with Valerian and Melatonin.

It is a sugar free, alcohol free non aerosol spray.

I am not a Doctor, but surprisingly enough my wife absolutely swears by it. It is only like $7.99 for a 180 spray bottle.

Actually my two kids ask for it every once in a while.

Good Luck,

Shawn

18. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi their sister Pat. I see you are sporting a new B.O.C. hat in your avatar picture, I just got mine today and wore it out to dinner this evening, I had to show it off. Hey, On your not sleeping ,what works for me, I just take a couple of Tylenol PMs, and I can sleep like a babby. but I have noticed the older I get the less sleep I need. I usually just get from four to five Hours a night.

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and to all who responded to my post you each I hold in very high regard and therefore you each get a hugs and cheek kisses. You're just too wonderful for me to adequately explain how I feel about you all. Thanks a million for posting your thoughts and Ideas. They are deeply appreciated~~~Sister Pat:big_smile::wink:

20. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I guess exercise works good, or get a book and comfortable chair. That usually puts me to sleep. Actually, when I have trouble, I think about something I read many years ago. Just lay there quietly with your eyes closed and try to sleep. Don't toss and turn and you can get 90 % of the effect of real sleep. 90% is better than nothin. I usually fall asleep. Sometimes I lay there and plan the next day schedule, that usually puts me to sleep real fast.