Any Suggestions for Tanner Creek area

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Golden, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Going out to night and launching from tanner creek ramp. Any thought or suggestions as to what bait to where to fish.. im looking for any advise at all. thanks a ton

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tanners creek itself is usually full of shad, but be careful if you dont have an Indiana license or those shad could get expensive...lol

As far as spots around tanners, take a look at the warm water discharge up river from tanners about a mile or so, its on the Indiana side. Cant miss it usually good for some blues. But make sure you have an IN or KY license. If not you are going to have to run up river to the state line(275 bridge) if you want to say legal. I dont spend to much time fishing down there, but its generally good water. We caught 8 fish last night in 18ft of water, and 7 fish in 52ft of water...lol:eek:oooh:....Kind of a wide range I know, if it were me though I would look shallower like 15-25ft range. Good luck to ya be safe out there..:wink:

3. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Do you think it would be better to head up towards schmit? or down a little ways more?

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man thats a pretty good hike from Tanner's to Schmidt. But its your call, I know the water more around Schmidt field, but that doesnt make it better water. Its your call man..

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    its a haul to schmidt for sure from tanners...lol, its a haul from tanners to downtown, i know i made it my first time out on the river.....and i was running the river forever. Good luck with whatever you decide man.