Any suggestions for a new boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have been kicking around the idea of getting a new or used boat for a while now. I sold my last boat approx a year ago. It was a '76 Ranger...I want to get something that I can use for fishing local lakes and rivers. I also want it to be big enough to take my family of 5 out on the water to have fun as well as fish. I thought about a bayliner because the floor plan would appeal to the wife and daughter but I dont know if they have live wells and all the stuff that other fishing boats have. I really like the new rangers but after looking at the price I already know it wont fit into my budget. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I was looking at bayliners the other day. My wife wants a bayliner cuddy. I am looking at the catalog that the dealer gave me and it just say the fish package on th 194 classic runabout, 192 classic cuddy, and the 197 deck boat. It says that the fish package on the internet has a fishwell but does not tell you how big or where it is. They are low price boats which makes me weary of them but who knows. I am now looking at the tahoe deck boat the 195OB but I have heard bad things about them. Well anyway this may have helped or not but its my 2 cents
    Stephen

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks Stephen, this does help. I was looking at the Bayliners on line and I could not find anything about the fishing packages. I'll check again.

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I believe it should be under options and pricing portion of the website after you pick n of those boat models.
    Stephen

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Have you thought about or considered a pontoon? Most are reasonable priced and are ideal for families. Now, of course if you are looking for something for water sports as well, probably not the route you want. Bayliners are nice boats. My brother in law had one, don't remember the exact model, but would accomadate 6-8 adults easily. My only drawback from the larger boats, especially fiberglass, is the waters where I fish. A lot of debris in the Cumberland river and navigating the smaller shallower waters.

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for the help guys. I got back on the bayliner web site and saw where they offer the fishing packages.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dameon,

Here's a little something to think about: At the end of my road as I turn onto the highway, there's a boat mechanic & there's always boats parked out front. I like to sneak a peek at what's parked out front as I go by, and you wouldn't believe how many bayliners I see parked there. Probably more bayliners than any other type of boat.

Now for all I know, there may just be 10X as many bayliners in my area as any other type of boat, therefore it would make sense to see more of them there...... then again they may just break down more. Don't know, but it's something for you to think about.

Jerrod