Any suggestion on making Abu's 7000 clicker louder

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by cat-tracker, Jul 11, 2009.

1. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    I have a problem with my Ambassaduer 7000 bait clicker. It works but it's not as loud as my 6000, I know the two are different but can't figure out how to make the 7000 louder. I saw a thread on improving Abu's 5000 and 6000 but nothing about the 7000. Does anyone have any suggestions.

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    after you check the parts to make sure there is no major wear on them,try shortning the coil spring, if you have major wear on a part that will be where you problem is. you may also try degreaseing every thing and just use a few drops of oil, if you have grease on the parts it will get sticky and slow down the clicker arm on the return. also check the pilot cog for wear.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've found, that usually a new clicker spring will perk it right up.. but, check everything, and, Henry made a good point about just using oil lightly..after cleaning off any grease accumulation.

4. Ken D

Ken D New Member

State:
    B.C. (CAD)
    What S2 says...PLUS: it all depends on where the replacement spring is coming from...old Swedish stock, or those made by the Taiwan sub-contractor. This is an inventory function.
    The Swedish springs are quite soft, (in tension) compared to the Taiwan winds.

I personally despise the Taiwan units: they make the click button 4 times harder to engage and dis-engage. The click tongue is a slightly different profile than the Swedish ones, adding to the stiffer button in/out.
    You may as well change out that too.
    I would also change out the spool gear, as the contacting teeth may have a groove worn in the by your present clicker.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Catch bigger fish.Nothing like a 40lber to improve the noise level.:smile2::big_smile:

6. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Reps to both Henry and Greg, I finally took apart my Abu 7000 inspected everything and saw no wear in it. I did notice some grease on the clicker arm, I then wiped it off and also took the spring off to twist a little to get more tension on it. Used a small needle nose plier to do the trick, I then put it back together and added very little oil on the moving parts. It is now loud and clear, I can't wait to use it, before I had to be next to it to hear it go off. Thanks