Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been watching some you tube vids of the big steak ranch in texas. home of the 76 ozer free to those whom eat it and its sides of salad shrimp cocktail and tater in an hr.

any of you texans ever succedded? or tried? the record for years was frank pastore cincinatti red pitcher. ate the meal in 9 1/2 min. and a 11 year old boy. 79 year old grandmother. and new record is 7 min by a competive eater.

i would like to try it. just not sure if i could. other night i gave it a practice run. 2.68 lb beef roast. ate it. but no sides. not sure if i could have ate more. WOW!

amazing how some can eat so much. this is the one i ate. in 30 min but im not sure if even another 30 i could have ate 2lbs more + sides.:eek:oooh:

pic dont do it justice. it was 2"+ thick. a $9.50 chuck roast cooked over apple wood just like a steak,lol.

if you guys and gals havent noticed. i an in the diner alot,lol. i love meat!!!!!!!!!!! second pic is the real deal. at the big texan!

·
Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,294 Posts
actually i think tea valley aka matt did it he has some pic's some where on this site i can't remember where lol but it was a HUGE steak!!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Jeremy, when you go try it down in Texas let me know.
While you are chewing on that steak I'm going to be chasing that gal holding the plate.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Being close to Amarillo I eat in there about once a month. I was there quite a few years ago when a friend I know that lived in Texhoma ate one and all the fixing. Have seen a few other try and fail.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
started at $19.95 and rising beef costs drove it to $39, and it currently is $75. and you must pay first. if you succeed you are given a refund.

ya i remember something about tea now. i think your right.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Funny, back in the day (my thinner years) I could pack away anything. Now Its like I ran outta room. lol. I used to be able to scarf a large pizza on my own. I did it once after a 50 mile bike ride.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I live 100 miles west of The Big Texan and I drive right by it on my way to my in-laws in OK now an then. I just think the place is a tourist trap :cool2:

·
Registered
629 Posts
reload223 is right, it is more of a tourist trap but we go right by it and they have lots of parking area so we'll stop at lunch time. In the summer just watching the people who stop by is a hoot.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
When John used to truck we knew plenty of drivers that tried it and I know of one that did it. OMG!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Did you notice next to the table on the webcam they have several very large trash cans, wonder how many of the 40,000 who have tried ended up paying $75 bucks to throw up in front of an audience...lol :embarassed: :eek:oooh::dribble:....:smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.