any steak ranch winners

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 23, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ive been watching some you tube vids of the big steak ranch in texas. home of the 76 ozer free to those whom eat it and its sides of salad shrimp cocktail and tater in an hr.

any of you texans ever succedded? or tried? the record for years was frank pastore cincinatti red pitcher. ate the meal in 9 1/2 min. and a 11 year old boy. 79 year old grandmother. and new record is 7 min by a competive eater.

i would like to try it. just not sure if i could. other night i gave it a practice run. 2.68 lb beef roast. ate it. but no sides. not sure if i could have ate more. WOW!

amazing how some can eat so much. this is the one i ate. in 30 min but im not sure if even another 30 i could have ate 2lbs more + sides.:eek:oooh:

pic dont do it justice. it was 2"+ thick. a $9.50 chuck roast cooked over apple wood just like a steak,lol.

if you guys and gals havent noticed. i an in the diner alot,lol. i love meat!!!!!!!!!!! second pic is the real deal. at the big texan!

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think when I was younger I could have done it, when I was about 20 I could eat alot. Don't know now though, can't seem to eat the same. I'd like to try sometime though. Did you see the live camera? You can watch folks who are trying.

http://69.10.155.161:5080/maindining/

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    [youtubevid]jqwnCWcs_d0[/youtubevid]

gone in record time. no way. give me an hr though and i bet i would be real close.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's insane, he was taking some huge pieces. I maybe could come close in an hour.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    76 oz, thats 4 3/4 pounds of meat. Man thats a lot.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    actually i think tea valley aka matt did it he has some pic's some where on this site i can't remember where lol but it was a HUGE steak!!!!!!!

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jeremy, when you go try it down in Texas let me know.
    While you are chewing on that steak I'm going to be chasing that gal holding the plate.

8. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Being close to Amarillo I eat in there about once a month. I was there quite a few years ago when a friend I know that lived in Texhoma ate one and all the fixing. Have seen a few other try and fail.

9. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    i've seen the sign hundreds of times on i-40. it doesn't say how much if you can't eat it. anyone know?

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    started at $19.95 and rising beef costs drove it to $39, and it currently is $75. and you must pay first. if you succeed you are given a refund.

ya i remember something about tea now. i think your right.

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Funny, back in the day (my thinner years) I could pack away anything. Now Its like I ran outta room. lol. I used to be able to scarf a large pizza on my own. I did it once after a 50 mile bike ride.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I live 100 miles west of The Big Texan and I drive right by it on my way to my in-laws in OK now an then. I just think the place is a tourist trap :cool2:

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was looking at a 4.5 lb roast today, sure is alot...plus baked potato, salad, shrimp and roll... :eek:oooh:

14. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    reload223 is right, it is more of a tourist trap but we go right by it and they have lots of parking area so we'll stop at lunch time. In the summer just watching the people who stop by is a hoot.

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    When John used to truck we knew plenty of drivers that tried it and I know of one that did it. OMG!!! :crazy:

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thed get me im afraid, a challenge concerning food i hardly pass up,lol.:embarassed:

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Did you notice next to the table on the webcam they have several very large trash cans, wonder how many of the 40,000 who have tried ended up paying $75 bucks to throw up in front of an audience...lol :embarassed: :eek:oooh::dribble:....:smile2: